New DV Rack Trial Version available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New DV Rack Trial Version available

We have released a new trial version of DV Rack based on the latest update to the software. This fully functional trial version will work regardless of whether you've installed an earlier trial--even if your earlier trial period has expired. And speaking of the trial period, we've extended it from 14 days to 30! (Be aware, however, that the $200 rebate that is currently being offered expires at the end of February. So if you like what you see, it will pay to make your move earlier rather than later.)

This version includes fixes for a number of bugs, including the ones that caused AVI Type 2 and QuickTime clips over 1 hour to be corrupt. Among features not documented in the help are the following:

Setting the aspect ratio of the Field Monitor: On Page 2 of the Field Monitor menu, adjust the Monitor Aspect setting to achieve the desired ratio. This feature allows a range of 1.0 to 2.4. The default aspect ratio is 1.333 (4:3). The keyboard shortcuts for switching between the two most common aspect ratios are F8 for 4:3 and CTRL+F8 for 16:9.

Display of Space Remaining on Hard Disk Drive, and Auto-Stop Recording at specified threshold: On Page 3 of the Field Monitor Menu, the “HDD Space Disp” option is for setting whether the space remaining on your hard disk is displayed at all times (setting = Always) or only when the threshold is reached (Warning). The “HDD Warning” option is for setting the threshold below which the space remaining will be displayed if the prior option is set to Warning. The “HDD Record Stop” option lets you specify the point at which DV Rack will automatically stop recording based on free disk space remaining. Both thresholds work in minutes; 1 minute of DV recording equals about 217 Mb.

Field Monitor Setup Mode: Also on Page 3 of the menu, you can switch between a zero setup for IRE values and setup of 7.5.

Zooming and panning the displays of the Waveform Monitor and Vectorscope: To zoom in and out on the display for either of these components, mouse over the display, hold down the SHIFT key, and click and drag vertically. To pan while zoomed, click anywhere on the display and drag in the desired direction. Zooming affects the graticule as well as the signal display (unlike with the scale controls on these components), thereby keeping the signal in context.

You can download the trial version at www.seriousmagic.com/dvrackdemo.cfm.
    Mark Mapes
    Quality Engineer, Adobe Clip

Re: New DV Rack Trial Version available

Excellent! I just downloaded it, thanks for the update.

Now, if I may, can I ask if you have plans to implement a full-frame extraction option for the monitor? I've mentioned this to customer support before, and I think it's the #1 most-wanted feature... instead of resizing the full frame down to 512x384, it would be most useful to extract a 512x384 patch out of the full DV frame. That way we could see the video at pixel-for-pixel sharpness, and a full 540 lines of resolution (instead of the current system's 300-line resolution).

If you don't understand what I'm asking for, please ask -- I can describe it in detial. Basically it'd be like the "Enhanced Focus" mode on the FX1/Z1 -- pixel-for-pixel accurate display (even if we can't see the full frame, that's okay -- we want to see the highest-resolution detail... maybe implement the extraction method only when the user clicks on the "zoom" feature on the monitor.
    The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

Barry,
      At the risk of sending you into ecstatic shock, I am at liberty to report that we are actively working on hi res display in DV Rack. The results so far are, well, let's just say encouraging so that you can be surprised by just how phenomenal it is. Now mind you, showing full res really puts demands on the CPU, so we're working on ways to limit other demands on CPU usage--e.g., reduced frame rate. I was going to say you'll be able to see the results for yourself soon enough, but judging from how badly you want it, ten minutes from now wouldn't be soon enough.

The best news is that this high res option is NOT the breakthrough development I was alluding to in the Time Lapse thread a few days back. So you can only wonder and lust at what we must have up our sleeve.
      Mark Mapes
      Quality Engineer, Adobe Clip

Comment

AWESOME! That is the best news I've -- ack... erg.. swoon... <pass out>.

CPR. <CLEAR>!

<smelling salts>

Huh? What? Oh, sorry, passed out there from ecstatic shock!

No, seriously, that is THE #1 BEST IMPROVEMENT you could make to the software. Full resolution display is the only gripe I've had. You have just made my day. I'm using DV Rack for a full DVX feature starting next month, and I am really looking forward to this update!
        The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

DV Rack is great but the Express version would suit me better. Why, though is 16:9 crippled in this version? I understand cutting down on the number of modules for a lite version but why disenfanchise so may potential users from using the main module, the monitor, at the same time?  ???

Comment

[quote author=the_other_Mark link=board=gensoft;num=1108582178;start=0#2 date=02/17/05 at 12:24:44]...we are actively working on hi res display in DV Rack.  The results so far are, well, let's just say encouraging...[/quote]Is this going to be an update to current version? I'd hope so...
            If God were alive today, He would be an atheist. (K. Vonnegut)

If you give someone a program, you will frustrate them for a day; if you teach them how to program, you will frustrate them for a lifetime. (Anonymous)

Every science starts as philosophy, and becomes art. (???)

Comment

Working...
            X