OnLocation running on Boot Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OnLocation running on Boot Camp

Has anyone had experience using OnLocation on a Mac? I know it's supposed to run on Boot Camp, but I haven't found anyone actually using it as such. I'm thinking of switching over and want to make sure it's still going to work well.

Thanks!

I've spent over two weeks actively tweaking my MacBookPro unsuccesfully. Can't install WinXp. There's always something that goes wrong. It seems that Mac OSX 10.5.3 is very temperamental when it comes to get things working and truth is it's worn me out.
    I gave up and will buy me a WinXP Laptop (Lenovo??) to see if I can finally get to work with OnLocation... sometime this lifetime.
    Little wonder mlacher why you cannot find anyone actually using Windows on Mac territory.

Comment

hmmm man i used windows all the time(bootcamp or parallels), i even used Onlocation on bootcamp at a time, it was alright, but the fact that i was using windows just made me feel...unclean. hahahha so i switched over to Capture Magic HD for mac and love it.
      Loren Simons
      Senior Rig Technician
      Redrock Micro

(Account is Inactive as of 7/7/14)

Comment

Both capture magic and onlocation have essentially the same features. In this case why not just use the software that's native to your platform?

Comment

Originally posted by craigbowman View Post
          Both capture magic and onlocation have essentially the same features. In this case why not just use the software that's native to your platform?
          I agree. Haven't used it personally but its a good advice to stick to what you know works well..
          How to create your own poster!
          How to make a motivational poster!

Comment

DVMonitor Pro and HDMonitorPro are good products too, for Mac. redlightningsoftware.com
            Eric Piercey - Hindsight Productions Ltd.
            DVX100B/Apple workflow (FCS2 MacPro etc)

Comment

Working...
            X