Apple Motion Certification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple Motion Certification

I took the 3-Day Apple training course for Motion 3, and I'm getting tested in jsut a couple of hours.... either way the test goes, after the class I know WAY more then I ever did before.

I just thought I would let people know that if anyone has Motion questions, feel free to shoot them my way, or just PM me if I don't reply within a couple of days.

My $0.02 on Motion 3 vs. AE.... (AE user for the last few years)

Motion has alot of prefab stuff, which is OK but there's alot to look through. It's 3D camera uses are really nice, and you can edit it very quickly. It's paint tools look nice and are easy, but not nearly as in depth as say Trapcode's 3D stroke. I'm very happy with the particle emitter vs. Particle Playground in AE. Motion's lights are a joke compared to AE. AE has alot more options for it's parameters, but you can work faster in Motion once you get the workflow down. Motion still needs another version before it's really solid. It's still very buggy.

I will still use AE as a primary vfx/compositor/animator, but Motion will definitely get the nod for 3D camera and particle work.
    Blogger for fstoppers.com
    KY by way of MI and Southwest CO
    wilkinsonvisual.com

I got certified. nYay!
    wilkinsonvisual.com

Comment

Thats awesome man, congrats! I wish I lived in a big city so I could get certified or at least learn these programs....Where did you AE mainly from?

Comment

I found a class at a community college called "advanced video graphics". It was 15 week (4 hours a week) class for like $250. Money well spent. The program has blossomed in the last couple years, and now they have a follow up class, with more advanced uses...

Check around, maybe you could find something.
        wilkinsonvisual.com

Comment

good call, thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by MikeWilkinson View Post
            I got certified. nYay!
            I know this was in 2007, but how much did you pay for your 3-day course?
            "Our arrows will block out the sun!"
            "Fool, we have HMIs!"

Comment

Working...
            X