Reason 3 for film score?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reason 3 for film score?

is there a special technique to using the sequence software Reason 3 for film score. I know I can just build a track and import it into FCP, but are there other ways to interface it with other softwares. Or should I just put the raw scene on dvd and play along to the screen. Like the big guys do

thanks
    Tony 'Big ScareCrow' Mendoza

Originally posted by Big ScareCrow View Post
    is there a special technique to using the sequence software Reason 3 for film score. I know I can just build a track and import it into FCP, but are there other ways to interface it with other softwares. Or should I just put the raw scene on dvd and play along to the screen. Like the big guys do

thanks
    What exactly are you asking. I have reason 2.5 and I compose songs just fine. I want to answer your question but I'm a bit confused..
    I'm a creator; a filmmaker & author of "Confessions of a Corporate Whore", I make material that inspires and uplifts.

I show samples of my work by request. Preview my book at www.confessionsofacorporatewhore.com

Comment

is there a way you can produce music with Reason with footage running in real time. Like digital performer.
      Tony 'Big ScareCrow' Mendoza

Comment

You may have to 'ReWire' Reason through another app that can handle digital pics, say Cubase or other. Reason 4 does not seem to promote this feature either.

Comment

Wow, this post made me check out propellerhead again (after a long time).

Sadly I saw that ReBirth had been discontinued...

Then, after further examination, I was nicely surprised to see that they now offer it for free (PC or Mac):
          http://www.rebirthmuseum.com/

Now THAT brings back memories

Comment

Marius, ReBirth, what a paradigm shift! And before that, I recall Cubase on Atari the previous ten year range triggering outboard gear. Before that, I recall loading general and obscure programs (non-audio, perhaps some blip generators) from an audio cassette into a TRS-80.

Comment

Working...
            X