I Can't Decide!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Can't Decide!!!

Should I get FCS 2 or adobe production premium???????? I CANT DECIDE!! PLEASE HELP!

what system are you running? I just got FCS 2 and my system cant even run it. My system that runs FCP 5 just fine wont even start FCP 6 and forget color, that has monster system requirments.

Brian
    http://briansmallwood.com

http://proroadaccess.com

Comment

FCP always and forever

www.cineplus.ch

Comment

Which one do YOU know how to use? Get that one. If you're not familiar with either then it makes very little difference.
        "Local studio seeking young female actresses for short film in which they definitely will NOT be killed. Lack of identifying scars, dental records, or concerned family a plus. Payment to be discussed after shooting...uh...filming."

www.hiddendreamsmedia.com

Comment

well I have been using premiere 1.5 pro for a while, and I feel its time to up grade, I am getting a 17in. macbook pro. And I can't decide between the two. Is there anyway to get a demo of FCS 2?

Comment

ok mts,
            check to see if this link works for you. (its for the current dv magazine)
            http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/newbay/dv0907/

if it does, go to pages 40-41. Article "Cutter's Way" It won't tell you which one to buy or rate them from one to the other, but it does give you a general idea of their strengths and weaknesses.
            sigpic

Comment

FCP has a really different interface than Premiere. If you've been using 1.5 Pro then the transition to CS3 should be very painless because it's essentially the same work flow.

Going to FCP means learning all the short cuts and such from scratch, which can be a very frustrating experience once you're used to working with another NLE.
              "Local studio seeking young female actresses for short film in which they definitely will NOT be killed. Lack of identifying scars, dental records, or concerned family a plus. Payment to be discussed after shooting...uh...filming."

www.hiddendreamsmedia.com

Comment

vegas

I worked with premiere pro 2 and then with Vegas. I can only say one thing : you should try Sony vegas you will not regret.

Comment

Good article siniarch. A little strange it's dated Sept. 2007, but it's not accurate. Avid discontinued it's overpriced Studio Complete bundle.

Originally posted by mts4243369 View Post
                  Should I get FCS 2 or adobe production premium????????
                  It depends on your intended use for the NLE. If you're making your own films as a hobby then it would be extremely difficult to find a better value than a CS3 bundle. If you intend on working in post production as a career - Avid, FCP or both would be a much better choice. But you'll need to factor in the cost of Photoshop and AE if you opt for FCP or Avid Express Pro.
                  Originally posted by Tony Hijmering View Post
                  you should try Sony vegas you will not regret.
                  He's getting a Macbook Pro, so unless he runs parallels or bootcamp Vegas isn't in the hunt.

Comment

alright thank you milksac, you sound like you know what you are talking about. And you did touch on my concern of AE and PS. but what makes FC a BETTER suite than CS3? just wondering, I want to make the right choice!

Comment

I didn't say FCP is better. I said your goals or career path can have an effect on what software apps you should learn. As it pertains to budget considerations, if I only had $2k to spend I would go with CS3.

FCS
                      Pro's: FCP, DVD Studio Pro
                      Cons: No Image editing tools (PS/IL), Motion isn't as mature as AE

CS3
                      Pro's: More for your money, integration between apps, includes PS/AE/Illustrator
                      Cons: Premiere knowledge/skills - low market demand

Comment

ok...well I am only 14 will be 15 on Thursday, so the market demand is not a big deal for me. Although I do do commercials I don't plan on being an editor in life, plus I have plenty of time to get FCS skills. Thank you everyone for all your help!

Comment

Just to affirm what milksac has already shared. Most people hire FCP editors not Premiere editors, and most people are hiring AE artists not Motion artists. I chose the FCP route 2 years ago, and I am happy with it. Although now that I am going to get into motion graphics I need PS and AE. Therefore, I hope to purchase cs3 in the future. I started on Final Cut and when I started to use Premiere I thought they are very similar. The whole bundles are very similar in a lot of ways, but with very important differences which have already been pointed out. Hope that helps you.
                          Dan Johnson, Creative Director
                          Panda Motion ::creative media
                          Spin My Logo ::brand motion
                          Specializing in Motion Graphics
                          Cell: 503-803-8541
                          E-mail: dan@pandamotion.com

Web1: www.pandamotion.com
                          Web2: www.spinmylogo.com
                          Twitter: www.twitter.com/PandaMotion
                          Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/PandaMotion
                          Facebook: www.facebook.com/DanielKJohnson

Comment

Both do the same job perfectly
                            any will do
                            it really makes no difference when it comes to putting clips on a timeline and moving them around to edit your movie. Its the same process for either

Comment

I have a Hybrid Suite running both FCs2 and CS3 (Mac Pro).

My personal preference for EDITING is Premiere (CS3) and I could go on to write a long list why ( but I wont). Simply though I like dealing with the interface and its user friendly features which I feel are more advanced than FCP.

Then again I could write a long list of what I really like about FCS2 ( but again I wont).

Put another way ... I have a Suite of powerful apps that can do most things and I just pick the tool for the job. Its so easy to move the media assets (clips) around and across the many apps. in the Suites

Try and get some hands on experience with all the NLE apps on offer is my suggestion to the O.P
                              www.shooterfilm.co.nz

Panasonic AF102

SONY-FS700R

RR baseplate , F/F, Shoot35 Cinebox, Panasonic 1700HD Monitors. Adaptimax adapters. Ikan VX7e. Samurai

Prime Lenses: Nikkors . 20/f2.8, 24/f2.8, 28/f2.8, 35/f2.8, 50/f1.4, 50/f2, Micro 55/f3.5, Micro 60/f2.8, 85/f1.8, 105/f2.5, 135/f2.8, Contax -Zeiss 28/f2.8, 35/f2.8, 50/f1.7, 85/f2.8

VariPrimes: Nikkor 17-35/f2.8, Nikkor 28-70/f2.8,

GH2. Olympus 14-54 MkII

Cartoni , Weaver Heads , Miller legs. Zhuter Slider

Comment

Working...
                              X