Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to upgrade?

to start with I'm on Vegas Pro 14.

I shot a test video clip with the C300 mkii. The video clip opens up on my desk top and looks normal. When I download it onto my Vegas timeline the footage turns Green. Is it time to upgrade? I don't have any issues with the footage coming from the C300 first model just the newer C300 mkii - 4k model

I have download 4k footage before from the NX1 camera and it worked fine. Thanks

I upgraded to version 15 when the GH5 came out three years ago because it was one of the first NLEs that could properly open GH5 4K 10-bit files.
    ( I also upgraded to version 16 and now 17 because I know that these niche products are going to disappear completely if they can't make money )

Comment

it looks like I need to upgrade than. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by New_Zealand View Post
        it looks like I need to upgrade than. Thanks
        Version 17 is a lot better with grading, LUTs, and the ACES workflow. I haven't had time to play with these, but I plan to later this Spring.

Comment

I just upgraded and still getting green footage. I wonder if I have to do some kind of reset on Vegas 17?

Comment

I just upgraded and still getting green footage. I wonder if I have to do some kind of reset on Vegas 17?
            Can you post a small sample of your footage so we can see what's going on ?

Comment

I screen shot one with the C300 footage and one with the C300 MKII footage showing how they look drop in the time line and than included the C300 MKII footage playing. Don't pay attention to the creatures in the background. I thought that would be easier to film then people walking around or the backyard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QICR5XQhUI

Comment

Wow, literally green.

There's an issue in your pipeline somewhere. Double-check to make sure you're not having some weird LUT being automatically applied (I think FCP X used to do that with C-Log at one time years ago), or that you didn't accidentally hit a short-key for some special kind of view.

If that didn't work (and any other troubleshooting), I'd try another computer.

If it looks normal on another system, it's most likely time to uninstall and reinstall the software (save your settings).

Comment

NorBro I was thinking about what you said about the lut and did some more testing and it turns out that Vegas Pro doesn't like RGB444 but will accept YCC442. All the footage shot with RGB444 settings would be green. Thanks

Comment

NorBro I was thinking about what you said about the lut and did some more testing and it turns out that Vegas Pro doesn't like RGB444 but will accept YCC442. All the footage shot with RGB444 settings would be green. Thanks
                    Yeah, you shouldn't be seeing this. I'd uninstall, restart, then reinstall.

But . . . what is your graphics card, and what version of driver?
                    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

Comment

Working...
                    X