Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Premiere CS6 60P video quality reduced ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Premiere CS6 60P video quality reduced ??

I have 1080 60P AVCHD footage.
    On a 1080 60P sequence in Premiere Pro CS6 the footage is noticeably less sharp than it should be.
    So I played the clips from the desktop Windows media player and it looks good and sharp.
    Then I created a 1080 30P sequence in Premiere and dropped the clips in that and it looks good and sharp.
    Why does it look so much worse in a 60p sequence? The footage was all shot at 60P?!
    I don't know if it used to be good and something changed but I checked settings.
    Or maybe since I usually edit 60P footage on a 30P timeline maybe I just never noticed it?

Was 1080P60 defined as part of the AVCHD spec. when CS6 was current? That was over a decade ago, yes? If that's true it might be defaulting your 60P footage (which it doesn't really understand) to 60i (which it does). That your footage looks OK in a 30p timeline makes me think it's something like this.

Comment

Thank you. I was thinking something like that too. But CS6 came with a preset for AVCHD 1080 60p wheras CS5 did not. So the format existed during the time of CS6.

Comment

Playback set to full: default is 1/2.
        Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
        Adobe Community Professional

Comment

If you render it out, what is the sharpness like then? I wonder if it's just a monitoring issue

Comment

Thank you. I haven't been able to get on the board for a while.
            Yes I have it set to full, not 1/2 or 1/4 etc.
            I render it out and the 60P export looks as good as the 30P export.
            It appears to be a monitoring issue. Premiere just doesn't like to display 60P or I still have a setting wrong somewhere

Comment

CS6 program monitor is what it is: a preview window with no full quality playback.
              Software is from 2013.....
              Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
              Adobe Community Professional

Comment

Originally posted by firehawk View Post
                Thank you. I haven't been able to get on the board for a while.
                Yes I have it set to full, not 1/2 or 1/4 etc.
                I render it out and the 60P export looks as good as the 30P export https://itkoding.com/cara-install-windows-10/
                It appears to be a monitoring issue. Premiere just doesn't like to display 60P or I still have a setting wrong somewhere
                I just noticed it today, well maybe from the "CS6" im also 30P quality on monitor,

CS6 program monitor is what it is: a preview window with no full quality playback.
                Software is from 2013.....

Comment

Working...
                X