Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Premiere Pro CC 2017 working well compared to 2015.4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Premiere Pro CC 2017 working well compared to 2015.4?

I am running on Mac OS Sierra with Premiere Pro CC 2015.4 and overall it runs VERY well. No crashes (well, just 1 last month and I edit for 8 hours everyday)
    Is Premiere Pro 2017 close to the stability of 2015.4?

Originally posted by Digital Frank View Post
    I am running on Mac OS Sierra with Premiere Pro CC 2015.4 and overall it runs VERY well. No crashes (well, just 1 last month and I edit for 8 hours everyday)
    Is Premiere Pro 2017 close to the stability of 2015.4?
    2015 worked great for me. installed 2017 and had issues with the audio. I need to resolve it but hate Adobe tech support.

It only imports the audio on the first clip I import. To import other clips with audio, I have to import them into a new project, copy the clip, close that project, open the project I am editing, then paste the clip. I suspect that I will have to uninstall the program and reinstall. Maybe a corrupted file. When 2017 first came out, i noticed in several forums that a lot of people had issues.

I am sure Adobe has fixed most issues by now. Wish they would do a better job of testing their programs before offering an update. But that is my experience. There are features in 2017 that are useful. Eventually you will probable need to upgrade. Find a time when you can address any issues. Hopefully everything will work without problems. Like I said 2017 has been out a while and I am sure that Adobe has fixed everything.

Comment

That is a weird issue you have. Stuff like that will keep me on 2015 until it is fixed.

Here is a current list of known issues and some workarounds from Adobe:
      https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro...o-cc-2017.html

Is item #3 your issue? Here is the text from the above link:
      Imported clips have no audio after updating to the latest release
      Issue: When you try to import audio files with formats like AVCHD (MTS), mp3, and mp4 using Premiere Pro CC, you could get an error message which says, "The file has an unsupported compression type." This error could also be displayed with other Adobe audio and video products including After Effects and Media Encoder.

Workaround: Clear the Media Cache Database folder. If you still see an issue, change the file directory where the AVCHD files reside and check if the issue gets resolved. Also check if this issue is related to your Creative Cloud(CC) activation. For more information, see Troubleshooting linking and importing errors with AVCHD (MTS) and MP4 files after upgrading to Premiere Pro CC.

What are some of the 2017 features you find useful?
      In looking over the new feature list, I really don't see any other than the "Refined Lumetri Color Tools"

Comment

I update to every new version as it appears - that's why I'm happy with CC - none have been a problem for me.

Comment

Originally posted by paulears View Post
          I update to every new version as it appears - that's why I'm happy with CC - none have been a problem for me.
          I used to be like you, until some upgrade issues resulted in missed deadlines.

Don't get me wrong. I do like CC and as a small business owner I like paying monthly. It helps with cash flow.

Are you saying you haven't had any of the "known problems" listed?
          Are you on a Mac or PC?

I just might update my MacBook Pro and test it out on new and old projects.

Comment

I have been using CC2014 locked down on my "new" (trashcan) Mac Pro (running Mavericks) since 2014...until I upgraded to Sierra and CC2017 a week or so ago - it was far from easy as you can read here.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...S-Sierra/page2

Tonight, I just delivered a CC2017 derived project on a tight deadline to a multinational corporate client. It's early days for sure...but so far everything has worked just as it should have. I'm sure I'll run into some CC2017 bugs as I dig deeper - I'm about to study that list posted earlier - thanks! (BTW, I knew the work arounds with the ones that were in CC2014 very well).

Right now I'm pretty happy I made the switch.
            Andy K Wilkinson
            https://www.shootingimage.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Digital Frank View Post
              That is a weird issue you have. Stuff like that will keep me on 2015 until it is fixed.

Here is a current list of known issues and some workarounds from Adobe:
              https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro...o-cc-2017.html

Is item #3 your issue? Here is the text from the above link:
              Imported clips have no audio after updating to the latest release
              Issue: When you try to import audio files with formats like AVCHD (MTS), mp3, and mp4 using Premiere Pro CC, you could get an error message which says, "The file has an unsupported compression type." This error could also be displayed with other Adobe audio and video products including After Effects and Media Encoder.

Workaround: Clear the Media Cache Database folder. If you still see an issue, change the file directory where the AVCHD files reside and check if the issue gets resolved. Also check if this issue is related to your Creative Cloud(CC) activation. For more information, see Troubleshooting linking and importing errors with AVCHD (MTS) and MP4 files after upgrading to Premiere Pro CC.

What are some of the 2017 features you find useful?
              In looking over the new feature list, I really don't see any other than the "Refined Lumetri Color Tools"
              I have tried all the fixes Adobe recommended. And they did not work, including clearing the media cache, etc. Also interesting is that Adobe does not always answer all the questions on their forum correctly. Often users come up with solutions. I have been using adobe Photoshop for probably 30 or more years and stuck with the company. When designing websites, they eventually bought out Dreamweaver, and flash, etc. The company has great products. I am also a Mac guy and was using FC pro for my video editing. But my Macs are aging and the cost to replace them was to high. Went with a PC and started using Premier a little over a year ago. At first, I missed FC. But now, I see the power of Premier and like it and the integration with photoshop, AE, and the other program. Adobe makes great products, but I think their marketing and customer support lag behind the product quality.

I still think, I have corrupted software, and need to uninstall the current version of CC 2017 and reinstall it. I am only waiting to finish projects before I do that. I fear reinstalling and not being able to use my current files. Any bugs in the CC 2017 are probably fixed. Also note, the bugs do not seem to affect all users. They might only happen on certain computer systems and configurations.

As far as any new features, I have not had time or the need to explore or use the features. Premier is a very powerful program and does everything I need. I like the product. I updated because, I know it eventually has to be done. I do not like change, but found it is not good to get too far behind in upgrades. When you get a break in your workflow, it would be good to upgrade and bite the bullet. Hopefully, you should encounter no problems.

Comment

Working...
              X