Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New DVD from Noah on using FCP with the DVX100 Info Here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just ordered. looking forward to it
    👉 My Filmmaking YouTube Channel

Comment

If only this was dvx/avid ....Looks great thoe.
      Filmmaker and VFX Supervisor/Artist

My Website
      IMDB

Comment

Noah,
        Great stuff and as you say "YOU ARE GOLDEN!"... but what was that bit about capturing at 29.9? I forgot already (JOKING!!!)

Also, any specific project or client's work used in the "gently driven over by a car" demo? :-)

Two thumbs up on this DVD, very easy to follow, and great for a beginner like myself.

Comment

Haw- thanks Ian! Glad you enjoyed it. Let's just say that was a test tape- lol. PS- more good news for anyone on the fence, we are now available on Amazon.com as well:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NLHR02/

So you can point click and order!

-Noah
          One of 50 Best Websites for Moviemakers by MovieMaker Magazine: www.CallBoxLive.com
          40% discount code for DVXusers: dvxcbx20
          Good on all Call Box videos including Panasonic GH2, Panasonic AC160/130 and GoPro HD.

Comment

Must Have DVD

Barry's book and Noah's dvd are all you need for 24pa shooting on the dvx. Excellent DVD. Basically, information you can spend a long time trying to figure out or you can get it instantly in the DVD. Capturing, creating a 24p dvd, the gear you need is all illustrated with clear animation. You must have it if you are a dvx shooter.

Comment

this DVD helps you with issues that you thought you had understood while reading forums and articles, but hearing it from Noah himself- as he always deals with the same issues- and watching it happen before your eyes helps you remember easier next time you're at work. Definitely worth it. a good buy.

Comment

Originally posted by ksadani
                Damn ..

I wish someone would do the smae for DVX/Vegas ...
                I was thinking the exact same thing. Totally jealous. I hope this inspires one of the Vegas/DVX Blackbelts out there to do something similar.

Meanwhile, props to Noah for putting this together.

Comment

Just ordered mine. This looks like just what the doctor ordered.
                  Thanks,
                  Scott C.

Comment

Thanks Noah.

Got my DVD last week. Just what I needed.

I'm a new convert to Apple and FCP because of resources like this DVD.

Thanks Again,
                    Dave R.

Comment

I liked the dvd. There was a lot of good info with out being too teched-out.

One thing threw me for a loop though. Noah says, something like "the special thing" about the DVX and FCP is shooting 24pA.

For some reason, after reading Barry green's book, I was under the impression that there wasn't a whole lot of difference between 24p and 24pa.

After a 100+ hours I've just started to experiment with some 24pA on the dvx.

Overall, with the dvd, I'd say there's bound to be something on there that you were unclear about.

Comment

24pA is a mode that was designed to make editing 24p footage easier. It's not really an image quality thing, it's an editing thing. And since Noah's disc is dealing entirely with editing, it's appropriate that he point out that for editing, 24pA is much better.

From the editor's perspective, especially the FCP perspective, FCP can strip out 24pA pulldown "on the fly". It can't do that with regular 24P footage. Some other editors can, but FCP can't; with FCP you'd have to make a separate trip through the Cinema Tools application to remove 2:3 pulldown. So from the FCP user's perspective, 24pA is indeed a "special thing".
                        The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

I have just bought a DVX100B PAL, and will use it in 25p, editing on FCP. Does the DVD deal with 25p at all, or would I just skip pulldown jiggery-pokery chapters, or what? Will the DVD still be useful to me? Many thanks, Lucas
                          Digital film-maker, Bristol, UK.

Comment

this DVD for HVX tape users?

Hi,
                            Shoot on an HVX but a lot of the work I do requires me to shoot DV to tape on it. I believe the HVX's tape funtion is very similar to the DVX (with 24p/a and all). Anyway I find the tape workflow a bit confusing and was wondering if this DVD would be perfectly suitable for somebody using the HVX to tape with 24p(a).... The only difference I can think of would be something regarding the 4:3 vs. 16:9 regarding DVX vs. HVX.
                            thanks,
                            sns
                            The actress slipped into the water.

Comment

forgot to get instant email. see question above. sorry
                              The actress slipped into the water.

Comment

DVX or HVX with Premiere Pro or VTEdit (VT4)

Hi Noah,

Do you have plans to extend work to DVX/Premiere Pro, DVX/VTEdit (VT4) and/or HVX/Premiere Pro, HVX/VTEdit (VT4)? Or are these camera/NLE combinations compatible at all (For the Windows XP/Vista users)? I am trying to build a workflow around these and would like to know from experts out there if these are an ok or 'no-go' combinations.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X