No Movie in File Error - hard drive issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Movie in File Error - hard drive issues

I am editing an extensive project on FCP7 on a 2011 iMac with 3.4GHz i7 and 8GB RAM running OSX Lion 10.7.5. I am using two G-Raid Lacie external drives (4TB each) that are connected via firewire.

Editing has been smooth for many months until...today while I was editing, I got a popup saying my hard drive had crashed. I also experienced some slow playback/freezes in FCP timelines before the hard drive crash. I don't remember the exact text in the popup, but something like "unable to repair disk" or something serious! Indeed, one of the hard drives no longer appeared in the Finder. I quickly saved everything, then shut down the computer and turned off the hard drives. After booting up again, both hard drives successfully appeared and a quick search through the hard drive revealed all contents were still there, thank god. The FCP project file opened up too. However, when I tried to open the main sequences in the project, I got a popup saying "No movie in file" and then"out of memory." I tried troubleshooting reading other tips and deleted all the render files, but that did not work. I tried opening the sequences with the crashed hard drive turned off, and the sequence then did open. I don't know whether I just have some corrupted files on the drive that need to be deleted, or if something with the entire drive is corrupted. My next step is to purchase another drive and transfer files, then test one-by-one to see if/where the corrupted file is located. Any other solutions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.
Working...
X