Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HVX200 P2 FCP Workflow Training DVD from Noah- now available!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HVX200 P2 FCP Workflow Training DVD from Noah- now available!

Hi Folks-

If you are constantly pulling your hair out when working with the HVX200 and Final Cut Pro, I have great news. My new Call Box training course gives you the A to Z on P2 in FCP. Topics covered include:
    • P2 Field Workflow
    • 720p and 1080i
    • Variable Frame Rates
    • Open Format Timeline Editing
    • P2 Ingest
    • Metadata Management Techniques
    • P2 Store and P2 Drive
    • Output to Apple Color
    • Output for 24p DVD
    • Native MXF editing with Raylight
    • and much more...

Check it out:

http://www.callboxlive.com/products/...and-the-hvx200

Now available for instant download! Hope you enjoy and thanks again for the great support.

-Noah
    Last edited by NoahK; 10-03-2007, 03:48 AM.
    One of 50 Best Websites for Moviemakers by MovieMaker Magazine: www.CallBoxLive.com
    40% discount code for DVXusers: dvxcbx20
    Good on all Call Box videos including Panasonic GH2, Panasonic AC160/130 and GoPro HD.

Cool, I'm purchasing this for sure.

EDIT: I just bought my copy.
    Last edited by Ram S.O.S; 10-12-2007, 09:23 PM.
    RED Raven - Panasonic DVX200 - Panasonic Lumix GH4

Comment

Very cool- thanks a lot!

-Noah
      One of 50 Best Websites for Moviemakers by MovieMaker Magazine: www.CallBoxLive.com
      Good on all Call Box videos including Panasonic GH2, Panasonic AC160/130 and GoPro HD.

Comment

I received my DVD today and I watched the entire piece in one viewing. I have to say that as a new HVX user and a FCS2 user I can't tell you how helpful Call box is for me. I'll definitely be ordering the volume on color too. I learned a lot and I'm excited about my tapeless future. Thanks a million Noah

Edit1:I have one question that is a result of watching the video. How many cards can you copy to an external bus powered firewire hard drive in host mode on the HVX? Is there any software limitation on disc images?

Edit: After searchng I can see that 15 partitions is the max but what I can't figure out is what drive I can use in the field battery powered. I saw a link to an enclosure that Barry Green uses but it's not longer available. Back to my search.
        Last edited by Ram S.O.S; 10-19-2007, 10:08 PM.
        RED Raven - Panasonic DVX200 - Panasonic Lumix GH4

Comment

Do you also explain the FilmOut workflow? or do you consult in such?

Best regards,
          Román
          www.romanjaquez.com
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RomanJaquez View Post
            Do you also explain the FilmOut workflow? or do you consult in such?

Best regards,
            We talk about how to get out to film from the POV of Final Cut Pro and onto a hard drive ready to go to a service bureau. The actual process of getting frames onto film varies by who is doing the actual transfer. Most post houses can take it from the point we leave off on the DVD.

-Noah

Comment

Great, thanks.
              What version of FCP is in the DVD?
              Last edited by RomanJaquez; 06-25-2008, 01:38 PM.
              Román
              www.romanjaquez.com
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RomanJaquez View Post
                Great, thanks.
                What version of FCP is in the DVD?
                It was filmed using version 6.0.1- so everything covered is pretty much up to date as far as the P2 workflow goes.

Noah

Comment

neat, def grabbing a copy
                  rofl

Comment

Noah,

I am just learning to edit and will be using E-series P2 cards to ingest clips from an HPX170 or a portable hard drive and edited on a new 17" MacBook Pro. Does your HVX200/P2 Workflow DVD cover everything I need to know about using this equipment with FCP 5.1.4.? I plan to purchase your DVD, but wanted to make sure that I was getting the most up-to-date instruction that you have available for new learners.

Thank you,

Kamau

Comment

Originally posted by kamau View Post
                      Noah,

I am just learning to edit and will be using E-series P2 cards to ingest clips from an HPX170 or a portable hard drive and edited on a new 17" MacBook Pro. Does your HVX200/P2 Workflow DVD cover everything I need to know about using this equipment with FCP 5.1.4.? I plan to purchase your DVD, but wanted to make sure that I was getting the most up-to-date instruction that you have available for new learners.

Thank you,

Kamau
                      Sure- the workflow has stabilized since we did this DVD. So everything in there is completely up to date for your workflow. This is our most jam-packed title, full of useful tips and demos.

Noah

Comment

Noah,

Thank you. I placed my order on the 16th of August. it is a great resource.

Kamau

Comment

can you download footage to an external hard drive while in the field? using a firwire?

Comment

Originally posted by zombie08 View Post
                            can you download footage to an external hard drive while in the field? using a firwire?
                            Sure- you can do that directly via the camera or to a laptop- we show how to do both on the class. Now instantly available for download...

Noah

Comment

does anyone know how there is anyway to retreive footage that was accidently erased on the p2 card?...i formatted a scene and gone....shooting in 720pn and using hvx 200.

Comment

Working...
                              X