Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FCP 10.6 update issue

Greetings,
    A couple of days ago Apple released v10.6 of Final Cut Pro. I have FCP v10.5.4 , Apple no longer calls it FCPX, installed on my 2017 i7 5K iMac with a Radion Pro 580 GPU running Big Sur v11.6. When I try to update FCP to 10.6 via updates in the Apple Store I get a message saying No Updates, All your Apps are up to date. Has anyone else experienced this?

I just tried to update it (them) and all three (including Compressor and Motion) are downloading and updating. I'm on a M1 coming from 10.5.4.

If you haven't already, try to install the "Pro Video Formats" update - which I believe is also pretty recent - via system preferences and then try the App Store FCP update again. (I don't know if that would affect it, but just troubleshooting.)

Also try the usual; reboot, log out, maybe clear preferences, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by NorBro View Post
      I just tried to update it (them) and all three (including Compressor and Motion) are downloading and updating. I'm on a M1 coming from 10.5.4.

If you haven't already, try to install the "Pro Video Formats" update - which I believe is also pretty recent - via system preferences and then try the App Store FCP update again. (I don't know if that would affect it, but just troubleshooting.)

Also try the usual; reboot, log out, maybe clear preferences, etc.
      Thanks. Was finally able to download/install FCP 10.6 manually. However, I can't verify whether I have Pro Video Formats installed. After installing 10.6 I checked FCP download additional content and Pro Video Formats does not show up. Also, can't find it in the Apple Store.

Comment

If it's available, it's in the 'System Preferences' update section on your Mac, so you'd have to check there...usually there's a red circle with a number in the top-right notifying you when updates are available.

Comment

Originally posted by NorBro View Post
          If it's available, it's in the 'System Preferences' update section on your Mac, so you'd have to check there...usually there's a red circle with a number in the top-right notifying you when updates are available.
          Found it. Forgot I had to hold down the Option key. Pro Video Formats v2.2.2 was installed. All set. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X