Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Someone please clear this up for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Someone please clear this up for me?

Last weekend I shot a short film on the HVX (I shot my first feature film on the DVX, but I'm a first time HVX user)... We shot (scene file 5) 1080i/24p...

Avid 5.2.4. is what we have available to us for editing, but there's no project option for 1080i/24p in Avid... What can I do to maintain the look and feel of the short? I've been reading so much about what Avid is capable and not capable of doing my head is spinning... Earlier threads have stated you can edit the project with a 30i timeline, but how would that affect the 24p that I initially shot the film in. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

The bottom line question is, how can I edit this 1080i/24p project in Avid while still maintaining the film look?

Also, can anyone tell me why Avid is saying that my files are 29.97 when I know for sure that I shot my footage in 24p?

Thanks guys,

SmithHouse
    DVX Feature, Vigilantes, now available for purchase at: www.vigilantesmovie.com

Avid doesn't yet support 1080/24p as 24p, so you'll be editing in the 60i (or, as Avid insists on calling it, "30i") timeline. You will retain the film look, but not be cutting on just the progressive frames.
    The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

Thanks for the quick response, Barry...

While I still have you on the line, so-to-speak can you clear something else up for me? I've read quite a few threads on pulldowns, but just when I think I've got the concept figured out, someone throws me for a loop... Can you point me to a link or explain the basics of what this pulldown is all about...

Also, for the time being, until Avid supports 1080/24p are my only options to shoot in 720, or use a different editing platform?

Thanks a bunch.

SmithHouse
      DVX Feature, Vigilantes, now available for purchase at: www.vigilantesmovie.com

Comment

Working...
      X