Changing Defaults?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Defaults?

I was wondering if axp hd allows us to change default setting in the effect editor. i shot some stuff with a green screen but all the defaults in avid are set to blue so i was wondering if i could set the default to my green rather than changing it all the time?

Please contact Jason Ramsey for DVXuser signature advertising rates.

Not sure what you're trying to change. If it's the default settings of a certain effect, open the effect editor. At the top, you have an 'Effect Icon'. Drag ( or Alt-Drag) the icon to a Bin. This is now a preset with all your settings intact. Alt-dragging let's you decide to include the original footage or not.

Comment

i did that but is there a way to keep that effect from bin to bin project to project? also does axp allow downloading direct from tape direct to the timeline?

Comment

Just open that saved bin in any project - called VFX Presets or something that works for you. Once opened in the project, if you scroll down to the bottom of the FX window you will see all your saved presets.

I can't recall off the top of my head whether there is a digitize to timeline in Xpress Pro, check your digitize settings to see if there is a preference for that, it might be a Media Composer or NewsCutter feature.

Michael
        www.jackintheboxmovie.com

Comment

i guess what i was wondering was more to the effect what if i got rid of the projet and and all the contents in the bin where else can i save the effect settings?

Comment

You can't. Backup the bin as though it were an FX setting.
            www.jackintheboxmovie.com

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelP
              I can't recall off the top of my head whether there is a digitize to timeline in Xpress Pro, check your digitize settings to see if there is a preference for that, it might be a Media Composer or NewsCutter feature.
              Michael
              I'm pretty sure it's a Media Composer / NewsCutter thing only.

Comment

Originally posted by eLeventy
                I'm pretty sure it's a Media Composer / NewsCutter thing only.
                You can enable "edit to the timeline" in AXP's capture settings. Then all you would need to do is press "V" or "B."

Cre8tive

Comment

Working...
                X