transferring media files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transferring media files

hello everybody. i am in the middle of a project and i ran into a bit of a snag. it appears that some of the media files i caputured for project A were captured onto the drive for project B. i would like to have everything for project A on the same drive, so is there a clean way to do this and still have my timelines look in the right place for the media files?
    thanks!

2 options:
    -In Avid, consolidate all media from your project to drive A:. Mark 'Skip existing Media on drive'. All mediafiles from B: are copied( = new mediafiles), everything on A: is skipped. All media is relinked to the media on drive A:. Next, delete in mediatool every mediafile from drive B: from project A:. ( Disconnect drive B: if you can before deleting. That way you are sure you have everything working.)

or

-Quit Avid. in explorer, copy all relevant mediafiles from drive B: to A: ( you can find all mediafiles in B:\Omfi Mediafiles\ and B:\Avid MediaFiles\MXF\1\). Copy them to them to the same folder in drive A: In each of these folders you will find the Avid database files ( msmFMID.pmr and msmMMOB.mdb). Delete them. This is no problem, as Avid will rebuild them automatically the next relaunch.

Comment

thanks bro...i will give it a try and post the results.

Comment

Working...
      X