Export

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Export

When I look at the trailers on apple I'm stunned to see HD resolution videos with super images and super sounds, without getting larger then aabout 120mb.

Now, I have a standard def DVX100 footage movie that I want to export with the best quality I could get without having a large file...

Now, when I try to export a H.264 quicktime file it gets as large as 600mb!!
    I know I can't get it as sharp as the HD trailers, but I'm talking standard def here and it's not even looking good. I did a really small resolution file and it got as high as 83mb, but then I'm talking 1/12th of those HD trailers size.

I want to get insane quality without getting a ridiculously large file...
    I seen many people exporting really good quality movies here, so there must be some tips I could get from you??

Encoding video is like alchemy. What program are you using to export your h.264? Are you doing a two-pass encode? What resolution? And then there's all kinds of stuff like I-Frames, B-Frames, and P-Frames.

All of this plays into the quality and file size of the finished export.
    Chris Johnson

Comment

I'm using the exports that's inside Avid. I do not have sorenson squeeze, like many others though...

If you have some tips and knowledge it would be nice to hear.

Comment

Export from Avid as a Quicktime Reference file and bring that into a third party encoder. It doesn't have to be Squeeze and there are many free and low cost options so search around and see what you like.

A third party encoder will give you the control that you need to tweak your encodes.
        Chris Johnson

Comment

Do you have any good tips on third party software? I'm looking for H.264 encoding, because it seems to be the best at lowest filesizes.

Comment

You can always get Quicktime Pro and save out from MoviePlayer as H.264 - if you want more control over filters such a noise reduction, color etc. then an application like Sorenson and others will give you that.
            www.jackintheboxmovie.com

Comment

Yeah, I have QT PRO and I just discovered that I could encode with the same features as in Avid. I got a 29mb file with great quality... but I wonder why the heck Avid couldn't do it in the first place though...
              As for filters, yes, Sorenson would be the best choice due to the fact that color levels and contrast/brightness looks like ****

Comment

Working...
              X