Help for HVX200 first timer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help for HVX200 first timer.

In a couple of weeks I'm doing a one day shoot with the HVX200 and I was wondering if anyone here could help me with my editing solution as I don't want to shoot in a format that wont be compatible.

The camera I'm hiring is the UK version and comes with two 2x 8Gb P2 cards and 2x 60Gb stores.
    I have Avid Express Pro HD 5.2.3 on a Conroe PC but without a hardware interface for the P2 cards. In atincipation I have downloaded the panasonic p2 drivers.

1). Could somebody recommend to me what format to shoot in? This is for VFX work and would ideally be progressive.

2). Could someone tell me the best method of transporting footage to the computer. i.e. should I download to the stores on location (presumably they will then act like conventional externals via USB) - is this straightforward?

3). Does anyone know of a link/tutorial that could help me out with structuring the P2 files on my computer for importing to avid - I've heard this is slightly more complicated than working with DV.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and would put my mind at ease for what will be an expensive days work.

Cheers
    George
Working...
X