editing rates for TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

editing rates for TV

have any of you edited an airing TV show. I'm curious to know what an editor, post house, would make for editing a reality TV show. Do you know what union rates are? thoughts?

Reality TV show editors are usually done by editors hired through the production company. Those rates can vary depending on skill set of editor and the range within the Union rates. You would have to check with the editor's guild for exact information. The facility is hired for the online conform, these rates are usually posted by the facilities on their website or you can call any one of them up and get their rate card.

www.editorsguild.com/v2/index.aspx

Michael
    www.jackintheboxmovie.com

Comment

Yup, there was a reality show going through the production Co. I interned for and the rate was just the standard hourly rate for the editing suit (which happened to be a Avid DS Nitris).
      William Robinette

Comment

Originally posted by ggdelarge
        have any of you edited an airing TV show. I'm curious to know what an editor, post house, would make for editing a reality TV show. Do you know what union rates are? thoughts?

It depends on the market, how "big" the show is, whether or not it's union, and (like MichaelP said) how skilled you are/how much you can negotiate for. The same editor might get $2-3k a week to work on a show for a small cable channel and $3-4k a week to work on a big network show.

-A
        Looking For Lenny - feature doc about comedian Lenny Bruce's timeless impact on stand-up comedy and Free Speech.
        Netflix
        iTunes
        Amazon
        Cable VOD & streaming info

Comment

Thanks a lot guys. a lot of help

Comment

Working...
          X