Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notebook under 7 lb's to run Xpress Pro... Any Suggestions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notebook under 7 lb's to run Xpress Pro... Any Suggestions...

I'm looking to buy a notebook that is less than 7 lb's for a lot of traveling. It's been very hard to find something with a Dual Core processor, a hard drive at 7200 rpm and a video card that Avid supports in that size.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Avid recently updated their qualified systems list for Avid Xpress Pro and the HP nw9440 is close to what you're looking for. It's more like 7.5 lbs and has a 17" screen but the Dual Core processor, support for 1920X1200 resolutions and the fact it's 1.3" thin more than makes up for the weight.

Comment

Well, my Dell Inspiron 9400 runs well with the nVidia 7800 go. I think the equivilent now is the 7900. 2.16 GHz, 2GB ram. I left the internal drive at 5400 rpm since any media should be on big external drives. display is sharp at 1920x1200, but the contrast and refresh rate is only adequate.

Dave

Comment

i've had a HP 7000 laptop for about 2 years running Avid Xpress Pro HD, runs great, love it's 17 inch screen, except its killed my back and shoulder. Since its time for me to get a new Laptop, I am looking at the Alienware.

Comment

Hey Suprotim, just sent a Private Message to you.

Comment

Working...
          X