This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import Audio in Avid

I have a 720 24p on 60i project. I recorded with the HVX200 using a Firestone Fs-100 with the old 2.x firmware. That's why I couldnt use 24p native.

When I try to import my audio files Avid asks me if I want to choose drop frame or non drop frame.

And if the audio files should be in 30fps or 23.97fps, since my project is really 60fps, what configuration should I take?

I recorded with a fostex on 16bit, 48000khz, they are in WAV format.

How can I do the pulldown for the audio files? Is it necessary?

Thanks.
    Last edited by bahsura; 10-31-2007, 06:11 PM.

Comment

nice guide DC, thank you

Comment

Ok, so I am attempting this for the first time and I am a bit confused about step one... do I have to create a folder called "Avid Media Files" right at the root level of the drive I am using for the footage?
        And I copy the MXF's from the Video folder in the P2 card together with the MXF's form the Audio folder?
        I then tried importing them but it couldn't...

I also tried importing them from Avid directly from the original location but no go either...

Comment

Originally posted by USLatinContent
          do I have to create a folder called "Avid Media Files" right at the root level of the drive I am using for the footage?

"Avid MediaFiles" is the correct name at the root of your video drive, not "Avid Media Files" like you typed above. If you create it incorrectly, it will not work. Damn the specificity of computers!

Originally posted by USLatinContent
          And I copy the MXF's from the Video folder in the P2 card together with the MXF's form the Audio folder?
          Yes.

PANASONIC AF100 - SIGMA SD1 still photography -
          AVID Symphony
          editing/grading
          - ADOBE suite
          For Hire - Los Angeles based, World Traveler
          I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by canceling it.

Comment

aha! sweet.... I love it when the only thing left to do is fix a cap space or typo

thanks!

Comment

woooho!!!!

I got my first clips in there and the play-back is awesome!

I have a problem with my sound card and I can't even figure out even how to get two video tracks to try out fades ... well I can't figure out ANYTHING lol... but I got my footage in there and I feel much better already
              thanks DC

Comment

dude you are in for a long ride

I will always direct, in hollywood actors and musictians wanna direct and directors wanna act....ohh madness... I will never lose my "direction"
                -me

Comment

^

Comment

Exporting

I'm using Avid XpressPro HD 5.1.5 and got the mxf files into a project by the directions given by DC. Playback is fine with sound and picture, but when i send to quicktime reference, i get no video playback, but sound is there. Not sure what to do next?

Comment

Originally posted by CheetinCheeto View Post
                      . . . but when i send to quicktime reference, i get no video playback, but sound is there. Not sure what to do next?
                      Try duplicating your sequence then do a video/audio mixdown.

PANASONIC AF100 - SIGMA SD1 still photography -
                      AVID Symphony
                      editing/grading
                      - ADOBE suite
                      For Hire - Los Angeles based, World Traveler
                      I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by canceling it.

Comment

Since your running 5.1.5 you probably have to check the tech notes with avid and get the exact version of quicktime specified for 5.1.5 - then the reference should work again
                        NEW INTERACTIVE WEBSITEsigpic
                        http://www.epphd.com

Comment

is it possible to import P2 720 Native 25p ?? then in which kind of project? 1080?
                          Sometimes reality is too complex for oral communication. But legend embodies it in a form which enables it to spread all over the world. &&-Alpha 60-

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Borg View Post
                            is it possible to import P2 720 Native 25p ?? then in which kind of project? 1080?
                            Raylight MXFX (new product, see http://dvfilm.com/MXFX) offers a large number of conversion possiblities for Avid users.

For example without recompression you convert Panasonic MXF files in 720/25PN to 720/50, 720/24PN or 720/60. You could also upres to 1080/50i or 1080/60i.

Although these last two conversions will recompress and add noise, there is a built-in noise reduction feature that will make the converted footage less noisy than the original. There is an example of that on the webpage.

MXFX does other things as well like 180 degree image rotation without recompression and it can consolidate several P2 card images into one.
                            DVFilm Raylight Decoder http://dvfilm.com/raylight/decoder
                            DVFilm Raylight Encoder Pro http://dvfilm.com/raylight/EncoderPro
                            DVFilm Raylight X http://dvfilm.com/raylight/X

Comment

but if i convert 720/25 PN to 720/50 it mena s that my footage becomes interlaced!
                              Sometimes reality is too complex for oral communication. But legend embodies it in a form which enables it to spread all over the world. &&-Alpha 60-

Comment

No, it doesn't. 720p is always progressive--there is no interlaced 720-line HD format. Going from 720/25pN to 720/50p will not introduce any interlacing artifacts or recompression.

Comment

Working...
                                X