Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loving Media Composer vs Premiere and FCP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loving Media Composer vs Premiere and FCP.

I started to learn Media Composer 6.5 over the break. I've wanted to get an Avid system for personal use for the last fifteen years! Finally could afford it for my personal projects by buying it through an educational discount from a student friend.

Man, I'm loving it. So much more customizable than Premiere and Final Cut. I'm not even an editor, and I can see why they say that the program was written "for Editors".
    I always thought it would be complicated - but the basics are as easy as any other editor I've used. And when you need the in depth customization and features - it's there.
    Also the workflows to coloring programs like Baselight, Nucoda and Scratch seem to way better defined and the EDL export options are far more numerous. And that's one of the biggest reasons for me to switch.

The AMA concept takes a bit of getting used to, but it's no big deal. Kudos to Avid! May they always cater to professionals!

Glad you're liking MC! Make sure you download the latest MC 6.5.2 update as it has some good fixes made to change lists, etc.
    RJF
    Sound Editor/Sound Designer/Mixer
    San Francisco, CA
    My IMDb

Comment

Does anyone have a link to some decent tutorials? I am coming from FCP 7. I am fumbling with it (just installed this evening) But it seems like it would be nice to have a basic tutorial to get me started. I had thought that Avid had some vids but apparently not, just user forum tuts. Thanks.
      Ken Steiger
      (...trapped in the San Fernando Valley...)

Comment

These are user tutorials, but the guys covers pretty much everything and is good at it.

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/67003.aspx
        http://community.avid.com/forums/t/71781.aspx

I'll be working late.

Comment

Working...
        X