Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Importing Avid liquid into media composer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing Avid liquid into media composer?

Hi,
    I'm a media composer 3.5 user. I outsourced my editing to a liquid user. There were 4 p2 cards that were offloaded to a usb drive which I gave her. She did mulicam editing and exported a quicktime for me and put it back on the hard drive. (she edited direct off the drive) The quick time is supper grainy and is horrible quality. Is there nayway for media composer to read the liquid files so I dont need to re edit this whole thing? I'm hoping just to re export it, but i dont have liquid. There may have been a problem on the import in which case i would have to re edit anyway. She used some 3rd party converter to get the p2 into liquid (dont know which one). Are there converters that regularly cause trouble? Any ideas how to get the potentialy edited files form liquid to composer? Any other reason the quicktime would look like crap?
    Thanks

There is no need for converters to use P2-clips in Liquid 6 and Liquid 7, just select Import P2media. I donīt know how it was in earlier versions of Liquid.

So all you have is that bad QT-file?
    In that case there is nothing to do what I know. You have to go back to the Liquid-project and fuse it again, with correct settings.
    Work with Panasonic HVX200E, HP Z400 with 2 x LG 22" monitors, HP 8540w laptop, Avid Media Composer 6.5

Comment

Thanks, But I ended up just re editing it in Media Composer. Since I dont have liquid I couldn't really play with her edited files.

Comment

Working...
      X