Avid DV Express and EDL and some footage at 30 fps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avid DV Express and EDL and some footage at 30 fps

Haven't got a copy of xpress pro yet, but wanted to start a sequence--will it be possible to start editing in express and import an edl and then batch capture and pulldown in pro? other problem is that a short scene was not shot in the 24p advanced mode on set; was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as how to handle this--they are planning a film transfer. One of the actors is in LA, and it is probably out of their budget to re-shoot. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Avid DV Express and EDL and some footage at 30

I would suggest waiting for XPress Pro and not deal with the hassles of EDL conversion from 30 to 24 etc. It can be done, but unless there is a huge pressing issue to get started, I would wait.

Also, Xpress Pro cannot handle the NORMAL pulldown for capture. Everything is done at time of capture so no real workaround for this one other than finding someone with an Adrenaline to create the media from the capture and give you the footage on a drive. How much footage was shot this way?
    www.jackintheboxmovie.com

Comment

Thanks for the advice, MichaelP. There is only one small scene, which might be able to be cut. It is pressing to start editing, as I have to have an assemble to them by Oct. 26. Is the edl conversion really that much of a hassle? Thanks, again.

Comment

Well... I'll let you decide:

http://www.24p.com/30_24.htm

Keep your sequence to cuts only for now...
        www.jackintheboxmovie.com

Comment

Working...
        X