Media Mover and Firestore FS-100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media Mover and Firestore FS-100

Has anyone resolved the problem of MediaMover 3.0 not being able to assign imported media to it's correct project? I've imported video from an FS-100 and I've tried changing the source tape name in Avid and that doesn't seem to help. Am I missing a step?

Selected clip in bin. Right clicked, selected "modify", selected "set source" Created tape named "firestore" selected it and clicked "ok".

After doing that MM still doesn't know which project it belongs to. I've got MM for the 30 day free trial. It won't be much help if I have to play detective to sort out individual mxf files from the Firestore.

Set source is the tape name--in this case, you've set your tape to be called Firestore.

To assign your Firestore media to your project you have to consolidate it. I've never used a Firestore, but if you're able to Import Media using the P2 Import option, when it consolidates (copies) the media from the FIrestore to the Avid media drives it will assign the project name to it then.

Otherwise, if you copy at the desktop level, once you bring all of your footage into the project via the Media Tool--select all of your clips and Consolidate them in the same project. It will create a copy of your media and those copies will now be associated with your project. Check to make sure they're good and delete the originals.

TEST THIS TO MAKE SURE IT WORKS BEFORE YOU DELETE THE ORIGINAL MEDIA.

Like I said, I've never used a Firestore or any P2 cameras--I'm testing one this afternoon though.

Michael.

I'll be working late.

Comment

Butcher,

Using the P2 Import option doesn't copy the media from the firestore to the Avid media drives. It simply tells avid to recognize the media on your Firestore and shows the clips in your bin. The media remains on the Firstore unless you move it to your system's hard drive in Windows/MAC OS.

If you get your method to work on your system this afternoon I'd be happy to hear about it. Do you use Media Mover 3.0?

Comment

I have Xpress 5.2, so there is no P2 Import option. My only option is to copy the MXF files to the Avid MediaFiles/MXF/1 folder and use the media tool. However, what I shot this afternoon came across exactly how it was supposed to, but I didnt consolidate it to see if it would associate with my project. I'll do that tomorrow morning.

If you're working directly off the Firestore and you use the P2 Import option to grab the master clips, can't you also use the P2 Import Media option after that? That's what consolidates/copies the P2 footage to your media folder.

Otherwise, once the masterclips are in your bin just select them all and choose Consolidate/Transcode (it's under the Bin or Clip menu). Choose the drive you want them on and let Avid copy them over. It should leave the original media on the Firestore, will create new masterclips (you can choose to relink these to the old media or the new media) and should associate the clips with your project.

Like I said, I haven't used the Firestore or any P2 until today, and I'm on an older version of Avid, but the tutorials I've watched online show P2 import as a 2 step process. 1) Import Masterclips. 2) Import (consolidate/transcode) media to your Avid drives.

I'll find the link to the tutorial I watched earlier and post it tomorrow. Otherwise, I love the HVX200! Hoping we'll have one by the end of the year.

Michael.

I'll be working late.

Comment

Oh yeah. I don't use MediaMover. I use MDV or MediaSift. They do the same thing (MDV is great), and they're free. I suggest trying them out and comparing them to MediaMover before you buy it. You might like one of the others better.

Find them here:

MDV. http://fiool.nm.ru/progz/

MediaSift. http://www.senkou.com/

I believe both may be Windows only though. Check them out if you're on a PC. The MDV site is in Russian, but the program is legit and fantastic.

Good luck!

Michael

I'll be working late.

Comment

I have the same problem with MDV. Haven't tried MediaSift.

Comment

Working...
            X