HD Computer Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HD Computer Monitor

Done the search, nothing's coming up... so...

What HD computer monitors are you guys using? What are some stand out monitors? I don't know what size I'm looking for but could use any model suggestions.

Thank you.

The 24" Gateway FPD2485W has been great for me for the past six months. I use it for on-set monitoring as well as post-production. 1920x1200 resolution, includes component inputs as well as DVI / VGA. A great companion to the HVX200 in the field that can also be used with the Avid in post.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    www.OSmith.net

Comment

Originally posted by BennyOne View Post
      Done the search, nothing's coming up... so...

What HD computer monitors are you guys using? What are some stand out monitors? I don't know what size I'm looking for but could use any model suggestions.

Thank you.
      Do you need it to display programms or live video?
      Do you want to CC with it?

Just ordered this Eizo http://www.eizo.com/products/lcd/hd2441w/index.asp, because of lacking new ACDs...
      Dellīs 24" is popular, the ACDs are widely used and I heard good things about the BenQ 24"...
      ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
      I LIKE FOOD. FOOD IS GOOD.

Comment

sweet, thanks...

basically just for straight editing. i just don't want to get stuck with a piece of junk or one that is known to have problems (my luck).

can you do color correction on a computer monitor?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyOne View Post
          sweet, thanks...

basically just for straight editing. i just don't want to get stuck with a piece of junk or one that is known to have problems (my luck).

can you do color correction on a computer monitor?
          For straight editing you can go with almost anything...
          Iīd probably go with the BenQ here.

For reliable CC you need a monitor thatīs calibrateble, the "Quato Intelli Proof 240 motion" seems to offer the best bang for the buck atm (still around 3000 Euros though...) considering professional standards...
          The Matrox MXO with a ACD seems to be a viable option at the low end.
          Last edited by Spartacus; 03-01-2008, 05:19 AM.
          I LIKE FOOD. FOOD IS GOOD.

Comment

For CCing I have always used CRT monitors, even a calibrated LCD will not be as reliable as a good CRT. They are also relativley easy to calibrate.

Comment

Eizo makes great monitors. The benq's seem like they are prone to weird power problems. A search on youtube will reveal what i'm talking about. Many swear by NEC but like the Eizo it's gonna cost you.

I agree though, for straight up editing you can pretty much use anything.
              Samsung makes good value monitors, dell is also a popular choice. HP makes an HD monitor that is affordable as well, but no dvi ports.

For color correction i'd probably go with the budget route that everyone else has gone... matrox with ACD. Probably not the most perfect solution, but a great value, considering how cheap you can get the ACD's now.
              "Give me a museum and I will fill it" - Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                The Matrox MXO with a ACD seems to be a viable option at the low end.
                I just checked out an online demo for the Matrox MXO with an Apple Cinema Display (ACD). Very impressive! Does anyone know of a similar solution for a Windows/Avid NLE?

PANASONIC AF100 - SIGMA SD1 still photography -
                AVID Symphony
                editing/grading
                - ADOBE suite
                For Hire - Los Angeles based, World Traveler
                I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by canceling it.

Comment

Working...
                X