Best Alternative to Photoshop CS6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Alternative to Photoshop CS6

I know I made a big mistake, I did not upgrade to Cs6. It is now totally out of my budget I fine photoshop CS2 is lacking. So saying that I am looking at 2 packages , due to there cost, 1st Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 and Premier or Corel Photopaint Pro X5 Ultimite and video studioX5. One thing which draws me to the Corel products if I get the Photo package and video package in one , is the Video editing package is cheap and gives me some really nice extra plugin programs also, The Html5 option in the video encoding side.

I do edit with CS6 and GV edius 6

OR is there a place where I could buy a second Photoshop CS5 legal version?

Thank ing you
    Gavin

you can lease Photoshop CS6 for 38bucks a month

adobe creative cloud thingy
    My Vimeo Channel

Comment

Of the alternatives, PaintShop Pro is pretty darn good.
      LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

Comment

You could try the combination of GIMP and Sony Vegas Pro -this is the combo I started with but that was several years ago in the DV days.
        VIDEO PRODUCER ON THE NSW NORTH COAST, AUSTRALIA
        Sony FS700 || Shogun Inferno
        Adobe CC 2018

Comment

I think you can still buy CS5 on amazon. I saw it a while back

Comment

Pixelator is damn fine and only $20 or so on the Mac App Store.
            http://www.pixelmator.com
            Sony FX9 | FS700R | A7S | Odyssey 7Q+ | Atomos Ninja V
            FE: Sony 24-70/2.8 GM, 70-200/2.8 GM, 28-135/4, 24/1.4, 50/1.8, 90/2.8, 28-70, SEL: 50/1.8, 35/1.8, 18-105/4
            Samyang 16, 35 & 85mm Cine
            Sachtler Flowtech 75 | Benro S8
            MacBook Pro 2018 6-core i7 2.6 ghz / 32gb ram / 512gb HD | macOS Catalina
            Hackintosh i7-8700K 6-core 3.7 ghz / 32 gb ram / 512gb NVMe / Radeon RX 580 | macOS Catalina

Comment

If you make money from photography, graphic design or video, there is no replacement for photoshop IMO. Get the creative cloud membership, I'm a fan.
              Cameras: 2x - Sony FS7, 2x - Sony A6500, Canon 5D IV, DJI Mavic Pro, Canon 5D II, Canon 60D, Canon G16, Canon Rebel XT, GoPro Hero 7, Gopro Hero 6 (RIP), 6x - GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, Canon XL2, iPhone 4, iPhone 6, Ricoh KR-10, Fed-2, Fujica Half Frame, Canon ZR-100, Sony DCR-TRV 310.

Comment

Originally posted by egproductions View Post
                If you make money from photography, graphic design or video, there is no replacement for photoshop IMO..
                True. But I tried the alternatives and switched to Xara Photo and Graphic Designer from PS5.5. It does everything I need.

Comment

Until I got into photoshop, I was a PSP user, and to be honest a few other similar products from people like Serif. However, once you make the effort and start to really get comfy with Photoshop, I have to agree that there's nothing to touch it. The cost for buying CS6 or renting CC is high, but if you want to be able to give people files they can use with no effort (like printers and other designers) then you have to accept the cost. PSP is no doubt good, but it's just not photoshop.

Comment

Working...
                  X