Fusion Tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fusion Tutorials

I'm starting to do some fusion tutorials on my channel (previously had another channel with Nuke/Natron tutorials) and thought I'd start a thread here to share them. If anyone has suggestions for things you'd like to see, let me know.
    -El

Nodes for Beginners

Sky Replacement with PERFECT edges (NO HALOS!)

Planar Tracking

VFX Then & Now (A Comparison)

Lightsabers (Version 1)

Keying LOG in Fusion

Why your shot may be black

Why your color node isn't working right with alphas

A Video Copilot classic, in Fusion!

Matte Painting Speed Comp

007 James Bond Gun Barrel

Make a Boring Shot Better!

Object Removal with Projection Mapping
    Last edited by El Director; 01-27-2022, 04:38 PM.
    sigpic

Independent Filmmaker
    BMD URSA Mini 4K/Avid Media Composer/NukeX/Blender/Mixcraft/ProTools/Resolve Studio

Feature Films
    Wulf - 2008 | Leap - 2010 | Leap: Rise of the Beast - 2011 | Surviving The Wild - 2020

Very nice. Great pace. Thanks.
    Awarded Best Clear Com Chatter, 2001, PBS Television

Comment

Good job. Subscribed. Most times I look at a Fusion tutorial it is well beyond my skills, but you have done an excellent job to hitting my level of understanding.

Comment

Thanks guys. More coming soon.
        sigpic

Independent Filmmaker
        BMD URSA Mini 4K/Avid Media Composer/NukeX/Blender/Mixcraft/ProTools/Resolve Studio

Feature Films
        Wulf - 2008 | Leap - 2010 | Leap: Rise of the Beast - 2011 | Surviving The Wild - 2020

Comment

Thanks, very useful. Subscribed.

Comment

Oh I get it - your father or uncle invented Fusion - Dear Lord those are some serious skills. Thanks for sharing! Subscribing for sure.

Comment

I'm glad they'll be helpful! I previously worked as a VFX sup at a small Nuke house and I learnt/came up with a lot of tricks. It's fun figuring them out in Fusion now.
              sigpic

Independent Filmmaker

Feature Films

Comment

You earned a new sub!

Comment

Added a new video to the first post. Basically, I was digging around an old hard drive for a movie I did 10 years ago and it inspired me to see how I did a shot back then in After Effects and then try the same shot today in Fusion.

sigpic

Independent Filmmaker

Feature Films

Comment

One way to do lightsabers. I might show another approach in the near future.
                    sigpic

Independent Filmmaker

Feature Films

Comment

If you're new to Resolve/Fusion and node based compositing, we break it down here. Hope it's helpful!

sigpic

Independent Filmmaker

Feature Films

Comment

This tutorial is filled with tips - dealing with LOG footage, keying two types of footage, and using the "hidden" bins templates to generate quick effects. Use the chapters to navigate if you want.

sigpic

Independent Filmmaker

Feature Films

Comment

If you're getting a black shot from Fusion in your Resolve timeline, this may be why

sigpic

Independent Filmmaker

Feature Films

Comment

sigpic

Independent Filmmaker

Feature Films

Comment

Nice and clear visually in the way you step through things. The pacing is about to where if on a grumpy day I think it's going too quickly, I can always hit pause and back up. I do that a lot anyway.
                              Thank you, thank you, thank you for not inserting any music background. It's a tutorial - all of my attention is on what you're saying and what I'm seeing. No time for "hamster hip-hop" in my day. Your voice over hit a few random 'plosives especially on the word "problem" - so just create a way to say that word that tones down the p or do the old radio announcer's method - pronounce 'b' which is duller and most people's brains accept it as a 'p' in the context of the sentence. I wouldn't bother with a pop filter.
                              Last tip - when preparing to record the screen, change your mouse cursor to something larger and brighter that will make it easier to follow. e.g. I keep the arrow shape but select a larger bright yellow option.

Comment

Working...
                              X