Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still messing around with the colors of my YouTube set

Hi everyone,
    So I posted here awhile ago about my YouTube set up. Since then I added lit up letters and curtain lights to my backdrop. I also messed around with my colors a little. However, I am not extremely happy. While the colors look nice on my computer, everything takes on a slightly yellow tone on my TV and cellphone. I also feel like I want more contrast. I don't know a ton about color grading. I use Premiere Pro. I watched a ton of tutorials and the values for the black, white and mid seem to be where they should. Also, the saturation seems to be within the safe space. Anyway, if any of you have time, take a look and give me whatever feedback you want. If you say it's fine I'll leave it alone.

In fairness - I'm not seeing the yellow tone. It looks pretty good. I hate those zoomed in weird closeups though. Some seem framed well and not too soft, but some are too extreme, pixellated and bit offset to one side which really makes you jump when watching A good example of where a second camera could be a great investment - use a cheaper one for the wide shot and go in tighter with the main camera so you can try zoomed in single shots of the two people. However - it's OK as it is I think.

Comment

Thanks paulears! Maybe I should just trust my monitor. As for the zooms and messiness, that part is actually on purpose. I go past 100% zoom often and place myself or my friend at the edge of the frame for comedic effect. It's not going to be for everyone, I understand. But yes, one day i will get an extra camera so at least zooms will look sharp haha. Thanks again!

Comment

Ah, I see. Comedic effect. I thought it a mistake. If you'll forgive me - always dangerous to do things some folk won't understand. One of my technical videos got slated - because I had a horrible shirt on, and another, somebody claimed it was too complicated - when the title was something like "an in-depth look at the switch mode power supply waveform under no load conditions" As viewers, we all view with half a brain!

Comment

Ideally you would calibrate your monitor to Rec.709 with a colorimeter, and use your the waveform and vector scope in Premiere to assess your color, contrast, and saturation. You can rent colorimeter from online companies like LensProtoGo and use opensource DisplayCal software.

Comment

Working...
          X