No announcement yet.

Urgent deadline is tomorrow. Certain scenes darker on non calibrated monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent deadline is tomorrow. Certain scenes darker on non calibrated monitors

Hello,

the deadline for a project is tomorrow and I got a problem. I have a color calibrated monitor which I calibrated using a Spyder system. The waveform and scopes show the people's faces between 60-75 IRE with the brightest spots between 95 to 98 depending on camera movement etc. I burned a test DVD and played it in 4 different DVD players hitched up to different monitors non calibrated and the scenes look way too dark. As a further test I played a DVD I bought at Walmart on my color calibrated monitor and the other different non calibrated monitors and they all look similar. SO why is my project not similar when all the levels are equal to a DVD I bought with faces? It makes no sense.

I'm presuming that when you say "they all look similar", referring to the store bought DVD, you mean that the image on the calibrated and non-calibrated monitors is essentially the same AND correct(not too dark). Did you play your burned DVD on the calibrated monitor(not just playing off of the timeline)? It may be possible you output to the DVD incorrectly.

Comment

What editing software are you using? And assume waveform /scopes are built-into that software and not external? What "calibrated monitor" are you using - and what are you using to show your editing timeline on that monitor? (ie Blackmagic Ultra studio mini playback hdmi adapter, etc.)

Comment

premeire pro CC. Just HDMI out from computer into the color calibrated monitor. Timeline is another monitor. Played DVD from my project on color calibrated monitor. It's fine just not in other players not even close. I have both internal and external scopes. All match
        Last edited by offbeatbryce; 05-31-2018, 11:39 AM.

Comment

I think there is a checkbox that needs to be checked when you author the disk, but it's been so long that I can't remember what or where. We stopped teaching DVD authoring over five years ago, so that info slowly slipped away.

Here is one thing to try, take the encoded file and put it on a flash drive, now try playing that file in different players, yes many of your monitors will be able to play the encoded file just fine, this is the output from the editor not the VOB files that get created when you author the disk. you could also bring that file back into the editor and look at the scopes, or use AArdvark player to a pop the scopes up to look at them. http://hdcinematics.com/forms/aardvark-download.html

Comment

Working...
          X