Strobing/flashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HPX250: Strobing/flashing

I am shooting AVC 100 720p 24PN i/60 in the USA. Some of my footage looks fine but other footage is strobbing, for lack of a better word. I was shooting in a classroom with fluorescent lighting. The odd effect is visible in footage of the same room and later, in the same room, no adjustment made, it is fine? This strobing effect is visible in playback on the camera and when importing or on timeline. It was not visible while shooting. Help, please. And thanks!
    Last edited by DigitalWitch; 09-13-2013, 02:04 PM.

Can you post an example clip? Is it strobing, or are there scrolling bars through the footage?
    The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

Thank you, Barry. No scrolling bars as you can see. http://youtu.be/U5yJjb7-q4k

Comment

Never seen anything remotely like that, nor am I sure how the camera could even create such a scene. If that's a direct dump of raw footage from the camera right off the card, then ... you should show that to the service department because that would have to be some type of hardware issue.
        The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

Bummer. I just bought it a few weeks ago. Definitely think it is a camera hardware issue? Argh.

Comment

Well -- I mean, I don't know, I've never seen anything like it. I mean, it looks like you put two different clips on the timeline and cut back and forth every frame or two, right? Do you still have the original footage on the original P2 card? Can you play it from there? If it acts the same, direct from the card, played back from the camera, then it either has to be a camera or p2 card fault, doesn't it?

Comment

Yes, very bizarre. I did play it from card in both the playback mode of camera as well as import window. I appreciate your help, Barry. I think it is going back. Grabbing my old HVX.

Comment

I appreciate your time. My question now is, in your experience, if it is a camera issue do you believe I will see it again relatively soon or is it something that could be intermittent?

Comment

Never seen anything like it, so I have nothing to base speculation on...

Comment

Working...
                  X