HPX 250 Blue Hue Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HPX250: HPX 250 Blue Hue Issue

I broke my HPX250 about a month ago. It needed a new lens assembly and circuit board. I sent the camera out to Camcorder Repair Center in West Glenoaks California.

I got my camera back today and immediatly found that it was messed up in a NEW way. The colors are extremely blue/teal in color. No matter how I adjust the white balance it remains blue. I also noticed some flickering on the LCD upon startup. I am very unhappy and waiting for a repsonse from the repair center.

The box it was shipped in had plenty of cushion, so I doubt that poor handling was an issue. Does anyone know exactly what this problem is? Praying that they will take the camera back and fix it free of charge....

Very frustrating to say the least. Ruining my seasonal winter video job.

Here is a captured grab and an iphone photo of the LCD.

Originally posted by averywrubleski View Post
    I broke my HPX250 about a month ago. It needed a new lens assembly and circuit board. I sent the camera out to Camcorder Repair Center in West Glenoaks California.

I got my camera back today and immediatly found that it was messed up in a NEW way. The colors are extremely blue/teal in color. No matter how I adjust the white balance it remains blue. I also noticed some flickering on the LCD upon startup. I am very unhappy and waiting for a repsonse from the repair center.

The box it was shipped in had plenty of cushion, so I doubt that poor handling was an issue. Does anyone know exactly what this problem is? Praying that they will take the camera back and fix it free of charge....

Very frustrating to say the least. Ruining my seasonal winter video job.

Here is a captured grab and an iphone photo of the LCD.

Yeah, that looks like a hardware problem with the LCD. How does the viewfinder look? Do you have any footage on any P2 cards that you could try playing back to see if it's the LCD itself causing the problem?
    The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

Hey Barry,

I have footage on my cards recorded on my HVX200a that look prestine! Only the footage from the HPX has the blue hue. The viewfinder matches the lcd.
      Last edited by averywrubleski; 02-11-2019, 06:43 PM.

Comment

How about on an external monitor if you have one?

(Just a thought if it could save you any more money in the future.)

Comment

Originally posted by averywrubleski View Post
          Hey Barry,

I have footage on my cards recorded on my HVX200a that look prestine! Only the footage from the HPX has the blue hue. The viewfinder matches the lcd.
          So if I understand this properly:
          If you record on the HVX200 and play back on the HPX250, the footage looks proper.

If you record on the HPX250 (or just look through it live) it's distorted colors.

The only time the HPX250 monitor looks right is when playing HVX200 footage back on the camera.

Is that correct?
          The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

Originally posted by Barry_Green View Post
            So if I understand this properly:
            If you record on the HVX200 and play back on the HPX250, the footage looks proper.

If you record on the HPX250 (or just look through it live) it's distorted colors.

The only time the HPX250 monitor looks right is when playing HVX200 footage back on the camera.

Is that correct?
            That is correct Barry!

Comment

Here is a reply I got about my issue from another service.

Dear Avery,

Good day! The connectors on the lens were not re-connected properly. Open the camera, remove the lens, press the connectors and assemblies on tight, re-install the lens and the problem with the blue will be gone. The zoom issue will remain and the lens CANNOT be repaired (except maybe by the Leica factory). Take care.

Comment

Yes, that seems likely. Although it seems dodgy for a repair facility to tell the owner to repair it himself, but -- either way, yes it's a hardware problem and needs to be solved at the hardware level...

Comment

Originally posted by Barry_Green View Post
                  Yes, that seems likely. Although it seems dodgy for a repair facility to tell the owner to repair it himself, but -- either way, yes it's a hardware problem and needs to be solved at the hardware level...
                  They told me to reset the HPX to factory settings. Then get back to them with how it performs.
                  Last edited by averywrubleski; 02-13-2019, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X