Panasonic VSK0763 AC Adaptor and AC Cord Kit for AG-HPX250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HPX250: Panasonic VSK0763 AC Adaptor and AC Cord Kit for AG-HPX250

I need to replace my VSK0763 AC Adaptor and AC Cord Kit for my Panasonic AG-HPX 250 Camera, if anyone has one and wants to part with it let me know if it works and what you want for it. vardalos@horizoneastproductions.com

Last edited by Vardalos; 05-18-2015, 02:33 AM.

Originally posted by Vardalos View Post
    I need to replace my VSK0763 AC Adaptor and AC Cord Kit for my Panasonic AG-HPX 250 Camera, if anyone has one and wants to part with it let me know if it works and what you want for it. vardalos@horizoneastproductions.com

[ATTACH=CONFIG]101099[/ATTACH]

Mine just died as well, in fact soon after I read your post, a new one is very expensive, around $300. I had to have one it should arrive today.

Comment

If any of you need to save money, I can fix these adapters about 95% of the time. These will go out again. I'm also an eletronic tech as well as a still and video guy. Just PM for more info.

John

Comment

I'm shocked to find out that not many HPX-250 owners complained about the utter lack of consideration for at least a thicker DC output cable. I'm looking one now and surprised that it can last another cycle of normal wear and tear field use. Luckily I don't use it often and Panasonic definitely cut corners on this.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf2koc@hotmail.com View Post
          I'm shocked to find out that not many HPX-250 owners complained about the utter lack of consideration for at least a thicker DC output cable. I'm looking one now and surprised that it can last another cycle of normal wear and tear field use. Luckily I don't use it often and Panasonic definitely cut corners on this.
          I noticed with the PX270, the power adaptor no longer has that proprietary camera interface that mimics the battery to attach to the camera. Just a simple pin input. Probably much cheaper as well. But for the 250 there is no other option but to repair it or shell out the $300, which is ridiculous. And that is just for part of the cable. The part that plugs into the wall and connects to the adapter is an additional $50.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf2koc@hotmail.com View Post
            \\

One thing to do is tape that RF choke right to the body of the power supply. The stress of that thin wire coming out of the power supply and connecting to the choke can open up inside. The AC power cord is just a regular computer AC cord. You don't need the RF choke. So if you loose the original, just use a cheap AC computer/monitor cord.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyD View Post
              \\

One thing to do is tape that RF choke right to the body of the power supply. The stress of that thin wire coming out of the power supply and connecting to the choke can open up inside. The AC power cord is just a regular computer AC cord. You don't need the RF choke. So if you loose the original, just use a cheap AC computer/monitor cord.
              Good idea. The weight of that choke is what did in my AC adaptor. I also find the length of the cable that connects to the camera entirely too short. When using a tripod, I find I have to gaffer tape the AC adaptor brick to my tripod leg. Another 12-inches or so of cable, and the brick could just lay on the floor.

Comment

if your adapters just go dead. don't worry. It is easy to fix them. Just open it and you will find the fault after testing at various points. First of all must check the Input transformer. And then go for the converter part.

assembly and pcb
                Last edited by StefanoLa; 09-24-2015, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X