panasonic s5ii or sony fx30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cyvideo View Post

I'll throw a spanner in the works here. I've chosen one of the two cameras in the following video and very happy with the results. For me, image quality and dynamic range won out because in both cases the IQ and dynamic range differences were very noticeable in extreme conditions. Especially the dynamic range!

Chris Young

wich one of the 2 you choose? i also have been debating between these 2 and also the a7cii...what i prefer of x30 is becaus eit is smaller..and also a very nice thing:the zoom lever to be used with 18 105
    Lumix GH3 +Neway CL77H +Rokkor MD50 +Rokkor MD135 + Rokkor 35-75 +Lumix 14-45 +Lumix 45-175

Comment

Originally posted by stefanocps View Post

wich one of the 2 you choose? i also have been debating between these 2 and also the a7cii...what i prefer of x30 is becaus eit is smaller..and also a very nice thing:the zoom lever to be used with 18 105
      The A7iv. Sure, the FX30 is smaller. But I will trade size off against image quality every single day. As I said, especially dynamic range. See CineD's results chart below. The A7iv sits in good company. Re the servo zoom control. Not a problem. I've just programmed the C1 and AEL buttons, which are at the top right rear of the camera back for easy thumb placement for control over zoom out and zoom in. In the menu, you can also program your zoom speeds in two modes. One for zooming while framing your shots and another for zooming while recording. If you wish, that is. Max speed zoom for framing and a nice programmable speed while recording. I use the 18-105 mm APSC lens, the 18-110 mm S35 lens in crop mode and the 28-135 mm in Full Frame mode on the A7iv for various different reasons on different jobs. Seeing is believing. Check out what Jacques Crafford says and demonstrates on the dynamic range of the A7iv. Also look at the dynamic range chart from CineD.

Chris Young

A BTS of one of JC's A7iv videos. Check out his other A7iv clips.

CineD Dynamic Range cameras.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by cyvideo View Post

The A7iv. Sure, the FX30 is smaller. But I will trade size off against image quality every single day. As I said, especially dynamic range. See CineD's results chart below. The A7iv sits in good company. Re the servo zoom control. Not a problem. I've just programmed the C1 and AEL buttons, which are at the top right rear of the camera back for easy thumb placement for control over zoom out and zoom in. In the menu, you can also program your zoom speeds in two modes. One for zooming while framing your shots and another for zooming while recording. If you wish, that is. Max speed zoom for framing and a nice programmable speed while recording. I use the 18-105 mm APSC lens, the 18-110 mm S35 lens in crop mode and the 28-135 mm in Full Frame mode on the A7iv for various different reasons on different jobs. Seeing is believing. Check out what Jacques Crafford says and demonstrates on the dynamic range of the A7iv. Also look at the dynamic range chart from CineD.

Chris Young

A BTS of one of JC's A7iv videos. Check out his other A7iv clips.

CineD Dynamic Range cameras.jpg
        i have sent you a pm
        Lumix GH3 +Neway CL77H +Rokkor MD50 +Rokkor MD135 + Rokkor 35-75 +Lumix 14-45 +Lumix 45-175

Comment

Working...
        X