Panasonic SDX900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic SDX900

Hello, does anyone know how to access the camera settings on the external monitor?, I don't have the eye piece to where it would show up, and i'm trying to change the settings along with the frame rate.

That's a very usual thing if I am to understand you correctly the camera has no view finder. So settings overlay is not being sent to the video out so you can't see the menu? If you found a diagram of the menu tree you could either attempt to turn the overlay on or change the frame rate blindly. I assume you are recording the video out. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter C. View Post
      That's a very usual thing if I am to understand you correctly the camera has no view finder. So settings overlay is not being sent to the video out so you can't see the menu? If you found a diagram of the menu tree you could either attempt to turn the overlay on or change the frame rate blindly. I assume you are recording the video out. Good luck!
      That is correct, everything works but the overlay menu hud, I push the menu and it wont show, I plug the video out as well a monitor and no luck

Comment

FWIW, I once had this issue with a camera with a broken LCD...had to count the number of scrolls and clicks it took (while looking at the online menu) to get to where I needed to be and activate the menu output over HDMI so I could see it all on a separate monitor (many times that's off by default).

Comment

Originally posted by TC 3000 View Post
          Hello, does anyone know how to access the camera settings on the external monitor?, I don't have the eye piece to where it would show up, and i'm trying to change the settings along with the frame rate.
          You may or may not know this. If... and this is a big if, if the menu has been assigned to either the video or monitor out pressing down the menu button for three seconds or more should display the menu on whatever output it has been assigned to. If you hold the menu and LIGHT button down together you should see the option menu. The button presses must be a good three seconds to activate the menu out function. Good luck!

Chris Young

Comment

Originally posted by cyvideo View Post

You may or may not know this. If... and this is a big if, if the menu has been assigned to either the video or monitor out pressing down the menu button for three seconds or more should display the menu on whatever output it has been assigned to. If you hold the menu and LIGHT button down together you should see the option menu. The button presses must be a good three seconds to activate the menu out function. Good luck!

Chris Young
            Sorry! I didn't see this until now, I tried it and didnt see anything, do I have to have one of the tabs on the camera selected? for example bars or save or monitor, Also I don't have a SD card inserted can that also be a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by cyvideo View Post

Chris Young
              Update, it worked I had to constantly push light and reset, Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by TC 3000 View Post

Update, it worked I had to constantly push light and reset, Thank you
                Good one! Glad it worked

Chris Young

Comment

Can anyone help on using an external recorder? When I hook it up to a regular monitor I have color, however when I use a video external recorder it shows the picture in black and white, is there a particular video cable I need or is this a setting I need to change with in the camera menu settings? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X