Video database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video database

What are people using for databasing your material? P2CMS has the feature but if I use Shotput then that won't really work.

Imagine Products has a Media Library program but when they say call for a quote it's probably pricy.

What about Filemaker? Is there a setup that would work within that program?

Jim

I would begin by asking how much media do you need to database? are we talking about 10's-100's-1000's of tapes? You might not need Mac digital clip library which is really an application for the high end of the range.

Imagine products makes HD log Bronze,Silver and Gold versions. I've used the gold version for some years and it can handle the spectrum of video media from DV, actually I'm using it now on a project that has tonnes of 8mm archival, through standard def to HD including P2 media.
    The program is pretty flexible , can be customized in a variety of ways to suit individual tastes,or needs and is fast on search front when you want to find your stuff. Options are included for sharing log files as web pages with thumbnails, exporting QT movies, making .mxf files into quicktimes. At the Gold level the program is really a useful all around kind of tool for managing a video database.

Comment

I shoot commercials so having the clients past shoots available for re-editing is crucial. Finding them quickly is key. In my betacam archive I have probably over 500 hours worth and with my DVCam archive just under a 100 hours worth. These would remain in the database I have but I'm thinking from here on in with a P2 workflow I would want to be able to find footage fast without too much hassle.

I didn't realize that HD Log kept a database ongoing so maybe that is what I'll look into then.

thanks

Comment

Working...
      X