This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which images from the computer?

In the soon-to-be released Volume II, we did a LOT of actual computer screen shots; some of it is screen recording software which records whatever happens on the screen, and can be saved as pretty much any kind of video file; some of it is as comparatively low-tech as simply shooting the screen with the camera.
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

Comment

For example, using Camtasia, we can record what is being utilized on the PC. We thought of shooting the the screen with the camera, but not enough resolution.

What software did you use for screen recording ?

Sounds like Vol II will help me with work flow questions.

Sign me up for Vol II!!!

Comment

We used a variety, actually sort of testing them as we go. I don't know what Noah used on his Mac, but I used Camtasia, BB Flashback, and something else I can't think of the name of right now (didn't like it much, so it's long gone).

Vol II does cover workflow, indeed. I would expect orders to commence soon.

But you're right; using the camera to shoot the screen is limiting. I think it looks fantastic in the parts we used it, but it does put some unnecessary boundaries on what you can do.

The main problem with screen recording software, of course, is that it slows down your system significantly, which can hamper what you're doing if you need a lot of processor power to do it.

Volume I had a lot of stuff run THROUGH the computer, but it was recorded in-camera through the inputs, so no screen recording there.

But Volume II is a kickin' disc, and I think people are going to get even more out of it than they did with Vol I.
        LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

Comment

I ordered mine 2 days ago. Waiting by the mailbox now.

chillin in Las Vegas

Make the switch and make a difference.

Comment

Hi Barry

Nice job on the DVD(s) for Vol 1. Enjoyed it but at the pricepoint it's hard to justify as a total expense. I feel like I'll probably need to post it on ebay and see what I can get back for it used.

I'm sure it's a limited run thing and you have to support your production and product supply but the overall presentation looks really great. A high $60 price tag was tough. Still at $40 less than your book, I obviously went with the discs. Good luck and keep on truckin.
            --------------------
            Christian
            aka The Bruiser

Comment

Just got done with volume 2....WOW, great info, worth the money, Thanks Barry!
              Tim Harry
              Bandwagon Media
              Odessa, TX
              www.bandwagonhd.com

Comment

Just received my HVX200 today, just ordered the 2 Bootcamp set tonight, life is good.

Comment

I just bought the DVD Set, I can't wait to see it!
                  My work can be seen at www.ruesterprod.com I am always looking to collaborate, or find more work - so anyone in the L.A. area who needs another hand - look me up!

Comment

Thanks Barry, just ordered two copies of the bundle for my friend and myself. If my films don't look exactly like hollywood quality now you're in trouble.

Comment

Hi,

Just placed an order for my hvx200E and of course immediately procedded with barry green's double bilbootcamp dvd with hvx as a star of the show....can't wait to plunge myself into the new realm....will be posting further notice....

best regards

cckid

www.produkcijastudio.com

http://vimeo.com/produkcijastudio

Comment

when I ordered my 3 hvx, I also decided to get the dvd set and I'm glad I did. The good, no offense Barry, while reading it, I felt asleep. But the DVD, it's exciting and it's very informative, I learned a lot! Still learning.
                        Just another filmmaker living in Midwest that has gone full time with a nice studio www.mdifilm.com
                        oh... and winning a bunch of awards...

Comment

Love the DVDs

Well, I'm still on the first one, but plan to be through them all ASAP. VERY INFORMATIVE!

Next best buy to my camera so far!

Comment

wondering if the hvx200 dvd can be applied to the hpx170? the physical camera is obviously different, but i'm wondering if the information can be adapted and applied to the hpx camera intuitively?

Comment

Aka ya Im able to use about 90% of it. Bought both DVD packages- working on the 1st one- very fast paced. One of the discs has background music with some soft but kinda intense building of notes. I was concentrating so hard I started sweating.

wow
                              Allan Crocket, Video storytelling

Comment

just got this dvd and have learned a lot already. super happy with it. worth the money spent in so many ways.

Comment

Working...
                                X