This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cees Mutsaers
    I ordered also the famous HVXbook but never received it, tracking via US postal service does not work, no reaction from the author. Ok I will make a copy from someone in The Netherlands who received it (if any). It is legal since I payed for the book.
    Barry's been traveling the south Pacific for the past few weeks. Give him a little time.
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

Comment

All orders have been sent, that I know of. It does take anywhere from 4 to 18 days for it to arrive. All orders are sent via USPS Global Priority Mail. I can't explain why some countries get it faster than others; I've had people in Germany say they got theirs within 4 days, and some in Canda (just a few hundred miles north of us) say that it took 18 days.

If it doesn't arrive within a reasonable amount of time, send me a PM and I'll look into what happened.
      The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

Hey Jan,
        Can we get an updated ETA on when the free HVX book/registration site will be online?
        Im Soooo excited about getting my hands on Barry's HVX book.
        And Jan giving it to us for free is just icing on the cake!!
        I love you guys(+girls)!

Comment

Just wanted to say, I got my copy and I love it.

Barry, Thanks a lot for putting together such a comprehensive manual.

Chris
          NJ Film School | Off Stage Films | Movie Poet

Comment

Originally posted by Barry_Green
            All orders have been sent, that I know of.
            Hey Barry, if that is for sure and means that also my book has been sent (also if there is still the usps message "There is no record of this item.") then i will shut up for the next 14 days...i can wait, but want to be sure that it has been sent out from you...thats all...thnaks Barry!

p.s.are you back home yet?

Comment

Today's my first day back and I'm trying to sort through all this now, and it seems like it's all under control, yes.
              The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

We are on a 5 State shoot this week and let me tell you, Barry's book is helping me pass the time on the plane and while waiting around the airport.
                So many of the settings (I've avoided due to playing it safe), are becoming much clearer.
                Thanks Barry!!!
                Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
                Ad-Venture Video Productions
                Fresno, CA
                ted AT editbay DOT tv
                www.editbay.tv
                The HVX is the Swiss Army Knife of Video Acquisition!

Comment

Originally posted by Barry_Green
                  Today's my first day back and I'm trying to sort through all this now, and it seems like it's all under control, yes.
                  So welcome back Barry..this means that also my book is on the way!?!-nicee...!

Comment

Great work!

Thank you, Barry, for your dedication and hard work!

We got your book yesterday, it took 6 days from your hands to ours (in Germany)!

I read til my eyes watered and I got too few hours of sleep today. Let me tell you, it is a revelation for someone like me. I am relatively new to the community. But thatīs the best part of your book, it explains from basic concepts to expert usage!

A cheer for Barry, folks! Thanks again. Hope you get more credit over time and not only nagging comments like that one about the price, hihi. Managed to smear chocolate ice cream over one page, within two hours of first possession and learned to love the high quality print! No prob to wipe it clean. Also, the sturdy paper is not going to fail while shooting outside, another important point!

Ok, gotta stop praising your book...

Love from

Al & Joe

Comment

I've just got the book in the Spanish Postal Service. It had problems with the adress.
                      Tahnks for the support... now read and enjoy the book. ;)

Comment

All Right!

I received it today..very nice!
                        Thanks, i will start reading now..!

By Barry!

Comment

I received my copy and I am reading it right now.

Comment

Any word yet when Panasonic will be making The HVX Book available for those who have purchased the camera? I've not seen any postings on it (although I've been off the board for a couple weeks) nor have I seen anything on the Panasonic site yet.
                            Ken Willinger S.O.C.
                            http://www.kenwillinger.com

Comment

Panasonic it would take about a month from the announcement about 3 weeks ago to even start the offer.

Comment

I've placed my order and can't wait for the book!
                                www.filmdivision.net - www.whywaitremovals.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X