Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my first post here. I just DP'd a feature using the HVX called Green Mountain. The director, producer and myself were very skeptical about using the HVX. Bottom line...absolutely amazing images! We were blown away.

My best accessory on the shoot? Barry's book! I read it cover to cover twice before the 17 day shoot and kept it around for reference. Thank you for writing the book Barry. You have no idea how comforting it was to have it around as we shot with this new camera and format!

You can check for updates on the feature at:

www.mcgatlinfilms.com

It's called Green Mountain.

Tom Parkin

Comment

Cool, my book just came from Panny! Thanks Panny!

Now if ONLY I could get Jan to respond to my emails to help us with our software for the HVX... ????!!!!!
      Ben

CEO Red Lightning Software LLC
      www.hdmonitorpro.com
      www.redlightningsoftware.com

Comment

Well I ordered the book Tuesday afternoon. I have been continuously checking my tracking info.
        The only thing it has ever said was Electronic Shipping info. received on Sept. 20 at 4:30pm.
        I just got home from work a few minutes ago, and what's in my mailbox???
        The HVX BOOK!!!!
        Wooo hoooo. I am sooo excited. I have a lot of reading to do now. I have just finished the forward

Thanks a million. I hope the purchases of all my equipment are as timely and smooth as this first purchase was... THE HVXBOOK

Jason

Accept No Imitations.
        www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com | www.dvxfest.com
        and...
        www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
        Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

Comment

Ta Ra Ra Boom Da Yea
          I Got My Book Today!
          Now I can learn the way,
          My HVX behaves!!

Thanks Barry and Jan!!!!
          http://www.thebirdsneststudio.com

Comment

I signed up on the Panny page very early on, and still, no book.

Is there a way to check up on it? The Panny page doesn't have any followup info.

Your help appreciated!
            .: popcornFlix :.

Comment

Hi,

I am now in receipt of the list. There are some problems like bad serial numbers, not grey market ones just purely wrong, can't figure out where they found that number wrong. Send PM. Do not send a message unless your request is over 4 weeks old. Thanks for the consideration.

I need your real name, the serial number of your camera and the name of your dealership.

Best,

Jan
              Jan Crittenden Livingston
              Panasonic System Communications Corporation
              Partner Sales Manager, NY and NJ

Comment

I ordered 2 books (for my 2 cameras) on 8/10 using the Panasonic website. Still no books.
                Barry Vedros
                Producer/Director
                Cox Productions - New Orleans

Comment

Originally posted by BarryV
                  I ordered 2 books (for my 2 cameras) on 8/10 using the Panasonic website. Still no books.
                  You can send me a private message with the serial numbers and your real name and I will look it up and see what the problem might be.

Best,

jan

Comment

Well, as if by magic, I received one of our books yesterday evening via FedEx. ;-)
                    Nice coincidence... and thanks to Barry and Pana for the book. I just started reading thru it last night and quickly finding that I've been only winging it with this camera. It can do so much more when you have a clue. Can't wait to start playing with the scene files this afternoon.
                    Barry Vedros
                    Producer/Director
                    Cox Productions - New Orleans

Comment

Barry,

I ordered my book and it arrived VERY QUICKLY INDEED ! I am a HVX owner in the United Kingdom and the book is great !

I got it this morning and read through a third so far and so much stuff is making more sense.

In the UK they should offer this book with the HVX, even a partial discount would be fantastic.

Anyone who isn't a guru like Barry should get this book for their baby HVX.

Many, many, many thanks!!!!

Richard Morgan
                      Majormorga
                      Writer/Director/Editor/FX Superviser
                      All in one compact unit

Comment

Hey, thanks for the kind words Richard! Glad it's helping.
                        The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

I want to return the book on DVX

Actually I just received the book for the DVX, which I don't have, and thought I was ordering the book on the HVX, which I already ordered. Is it possible to return the book on the DVX and the one that I need? I am 100% sure that I ordered the right one. I have not opened the DVD.

Yours

Federico
                          sales@minixel.com

Comment

I ran into a problem with UPS. They shipped the book to my old address, even after I gave them my new one. So, now it's been sent back to Panasonic. I sent a PM to Jan, is there anyone else I could email about trying to get a new one? Don't imagine that the automatic form would work very well after they sent me one, but I could give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip_38
                              Actually I just received the book for the DVX, which I don't have, and thought I was ordering the book on the HVX, which I already ordered. Is it possible to return the book on the DVX and the one that I need? I am 100% sure that I ordered the right one. I have not opened the DVD.

Yours

Federico
                              sales@minixel.com
                              Fredrico,

Please send me a private message with your serial number of the HVX200, where you bought it, the website where you registered the camera. This should not even be happening. Send me more details.

Thanks,

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Pluimer
                                I ran into a problem with UPS. They shipped the book to my old address, even after I gave them my new one. So, now it's been sent back to Panasonic. I sent a PM to Jan, is there anyone else I could email about trying to get a new one? Don't imagine that the automatic form would work very well after they sent me one, but I could give it a shot.
                                No there isn't anyone else to send a message to. If you sent us a message about your change of address, I do not believe that anyone in the chain received it. I am working with the fullfilment company to have them send the book to the new address.

Thanks,

Jan
                                Last edited by Jan_Crittenden; 10-09-2006, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X