Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to capture mini dv footage from HVX 200 into a Mac with Adobe Premier / Cloud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to capture mini dv footage from HVX 200 into a Mac with Adobe Premier / Cloud

I'm working with an HVX 200 and i have a firewire to thunderbolt connection that has worked fine for capturing off of my P2 cards but i am unable to figure out how to sync my Premier program and my HVX with mini dv up so i can capture some old tapes i had laying around. Does anybody know easy way to go about this? When i use File > Capture the capture device window comes up but claims my device is offline despite being hooked up moments ago with the p2 card showing up in my finder when i had the camera switched over to P2 Mode instead of Tape mode. Any idea's? Thanks in advance!
    - Aaron

Not your Panasonic, but I have had this with my HD JVCs trying to play an SD tape - the firewire works fine when it detects the HD format, but when playing SD it tells me I need to switch the input. As soon as I do, I get the device not found notice in premiere. It seems the current version of premier cannot read firewire at anything other than HD. I have an old S-VHS /DV JVC recorder - if I connect this to to premier with the usual cable, then it can take composite or component SD inputs and direct these to the computer as if it's doing an internal S-VHS to DV conversion.

Comment

Have you tried iMovie or Quicktime? I assume you do not have FCP?

Comment

You could get a p2 card thunderbolt reader. There's a used one on ebay for $93. Well worth investment that will speed up your import process.

Comment

Working...
        X