This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naah, don't worry about it, Corey.

The Gear Guide V.2 has been done for a Looooong time, over a month now. But at the last minute, a participant decided to hamstring a portion of a gear guide video we shot at their location; This is after we waited two weeks to even get an appointment to show them the video... So, we've been waiting for a while to figure out what to do, in consideration of their schedule and our schedule. It's being resolved this week, and I expect (Fingers Crossed) that we will finally be able to ship the whole enchilada soon.

Egads, we have already started production on two other videos, and this thing is still sandbagged in bureaucratic red tape. POLITICS!!!!!!!!!

The Digital Cinema Course. 30+ hours of filmmaking instruction on 20 DVD Discs.
    DVXusers get a FREE Audio DVD. Our new Gear Guide teaches Arri, Bogen, Century,
    Cinetech, KinoFlo, MSE, EwaMarine, PAG, Cartoni, Chrosziel, Bebob,
    Nnoga, and Rosco, as well as Safe Renting Tips. To order click HERE .

MYSPACE - YOUTUBE - IMDb -

Comment

Originally posted by Rush View Post
      and I expect (Fingers Crossed) that we will finally be able to ship the whole enchilada soon.
      Mmmmmmm, enchiladas.
      corey

Comment

I just had me some Quesadillas!

My final Political Appointment is on MONDAY! Hopefully we can lock this baby...

Comment

Hi y'all!

Sorry I forgot to put this up earlier, just remembered before bed. Gear Guide v.2 is all approved, and we can finally send them out. I'm very happy to get these puppies outta here. I've been looking at them for 2 months!!!!! So, new orders now ship with the GG v.2 in the box, and peeps who ordered the upgrade, or ordered since the announcement on the website, will get their volumes shipped next week.

Comment

Hi y'all!

Sorry I forgot to put this up earlier, just remembered before bed. Gear Guide v.2 is all approved, and we can finally send them out. I'm very happy to get these puppies outta here. I've been looking at them for 2 months!!!!! So, new orders now ship with the GG v.2 in the box, and peeps who ordered the upgrade, or ordered since the announcement on the website, will get their volumes shipped next week.

What new vendors will Vol. 2 add, Rush?
            corey

Comment

With this volume, we got: Using tracked Heavy Dollies with a 35-year veteran Key Grip, using pro studio Mic Booms, correctly mounting and using Matteboxes (Chrosziel), electronic Focus and Zoom controllers (Bebob), balancing on-board monitors with Articulating Arms (Nnoga), using on-camera Lighting both tungsten and HMI (PAG), differentiating Battery chemistry types and uses (PAG), principles of underwater bags (EwaMarine), Body-mounted camera support (Orbiter), Pan-Tilt fluid Heads + Compact Jibs + Studio Pedestals in-depth (Cartoni).

It is 80% general information that can be applied to other manufacturers' equipment. 20% specific to the manufacturers themselves, so that can know exactly how to use a Chrosziel Mattebox, or a Bebob Foxi focus controller for the HVX200 and DVX100B, etc.

The coup d'etat is the Cinematography Equipment Rental Guide, which is over an hour of instruction, line by line, in how to read and understand rental contracts, how to choose a rental company, how to negotiate for better rates, and how to keep from getting cheated. Also, how to prepare your gear, how to return it, what to sign, and getting the right Insurance.

I hope you guys enjoy it!

Comment

im interested in the DCT-MP dvds but i dont want to buy the whole package. is there any possibility for this?

Comment

Hello Geirr, do you mean you just want the 6-DVD DCT-MP box only?

Comment

exactly.

dont get me wrong, the COMMAND package seems to be absolutely great and astounding but its to expensive for me. it may be worth it but i simply dont have the money for every part.

the dct-mp box seems to be a good stand-alone course

Comment

I understand, sir, but unfortunately, we cannot break up the basic course. The reason being is that, DCT-MP will not function properly unless preceded by DCT-BP, and followed by DCT-LS. The information will seem confusing, and also will not leave the correct lasting impression upon the student's work. There is something unique that transpires in the student's mind when the entire series of 20 discs is viewed in its prescribed order. I apologize for any inconvenience, sir.

Comment

yeah happens. ill come back to you later then

Comment

I'm preparing to watch the DVD's

But im a bit confused, in which order should I watch them, because it doesn't say where to start at ...

Shall i start with the gear guide followed by the MP, then the BP, or BP, then MP, then gear guide ?

Comment

Hi Mr. P,

GG1 then GG2, after that BP, MP, LS, A102, and if ordered, COMP.

Rush.

Comment

Hi Mr. P,

GG1 then GG2, after that BP, MP, LS, A102, and if ordered, COMP.

Rush.
                              Hey Rush -

What's the word on the updates?
                              corey

Comment

They were all sent out weeks ago Corey. I thought you'd have gotten yours first, seeing as though you live five miles from the office I think a personal delivery is in effect for the guy that started this whole thread I'll send you an email.

Comment

Working...
                                X