This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rush
    Hi Veidog, well that's awesome! I am happy to say that the volume is finished and ready for shipping, but we are not going to announce it until all the sample clips are up on our site and ready for download. That will hopefully be finished this evening. As soon as that is done, I will make the announcement.
    Too much energy for almost 2 in the AM, Rush. Go have some Camomile. ;)
    corey

Comment

Originally posted by unfiltered
      Too much energy for almost 2 in the AM, Rush. Go have some Camomile. ;)
      If it helps me sleep, that's bad No sleep for Rush.

The Digital Cinema Course. 30+ hours of filmmaking instruction on 20 DVD Discs.
      DVXusers get a FREE Audio DVD. Our new Gear Guide teaches Arri, Bogen, Century,
      Cinetech, KinoFlo, MSE, EwaMarine, PAG, Cartoni, Chrosziel, Bebob,
      Nnoga, and Rosco, as well as Safe Renting Tips. To order click HERE .

MYSPACE - YOUTUBE - IMDb -

Comment

Hello everyone,

I know some of you have been waiting for this for about a week now, to see if you wanted to add on this volume to your order. Thank you for your patience. The volume is complete, and so are the downloadable samplers.

After a grueling couple days, our new website is up and running, and the samplers from the new volume are available. Anyone who placed orders and was waiting to see if it is worth the upgrade for $20, please visit: http://www.digitalcinemacourse.com/downloads.html

The cat's out of the bag now. The 4 DVD volume that was lurking in the shadows, is a Gear Guide for 2007. We got some really cool companies: ARRI, Bogen Imaging, Century Optics, MSE Grip, KinoFlo Lighting, and Rosco Labs.

For 7 hours, the leaders in the video manufacturing industry give you tips, tricks, and just plain wisdom that they’ve learned while working everyday with the top filmmakers in Hollywood. Whether you currently own, or thinking of purchasing / renting gear, these guys will tell you exactly how to use it. Learn ahead of time how to use it, get the most out of it, and impress your client or director. Manufacturers also announce new products not yet released. Anecdotes included free.

Ever wanted to get the VP of Century Optics to explain to you what a Diopter is, and what the difference between a +2 and a +3.5? How about having him also explain to you why an Attenuator is similar to a Graduated ND filter...

You're surfing the net, and you're interested in a Bogen head, but you wish they had bigger pictures, or some kind of video showing someone using it. Why would you get one with a ball leveler? Same goes for Arri. You bought a new Arri d2 kit, and you would like someone to show you, on live video, exactly how to get the most out of it, how to assemble the Chimera Softbox that comes with it, and what every component is named.

You may not be working with KinoFlo lights right now, but you someday you will be, on your set or someone else's. When someone asks you to rig up two Parabeams on a DMX controller, you want to do it quickly. Our rep from KinoFlo will show you how to do that plus explain the the usage of the entire KinoFlo line. He will also explain fluorescent lighting in general, and what happens when you dim it.

How about getting the history of the C-Stand from the guy who's been making them since 1972, the president of Matthews grip. He loves his gear, and he will tell you the difference between a Digital Lightstand, a Hollywood Combo Stand, a HiHi Roller, and a Beefy Baby. He'll also tell you how to make small actors big, and big actors small. He'll also risk life and limb to show you how safe his gear is.

You're thinking about getting a follow focus unit, but you're not quite sure how to mount it on your rig. Do you need a baseplate? How does it interface with the lens? The president of Cinetech answers those questions.

Gels... CTB, CTO, CTS, Plus-Green, Minus-Green, Half or Full intensity? All these questions plus many more get answered by our rep at Rosco Labs. Rosco makes some of the best gels in the world. We show you how to use what you have, or how to save money when you buy gels. Everything also gets demonstrated, so that you can see the changes, live.

It's all in there, on a 7 hour 4 DVD set. It's now available only in the DCT-MP Movie Production series. It is not available separately. DVXusers still get the full $429 set for $349, including the new DCT-GG07 Gear Guide. Just follow this LINK to order the complete DCT-MP set.

Full samplers can be downloaded from http://www.digitalcinemacourse.com/downloads.html that give a good example of each company's video. Just right click on the picture of the company you like, and select "Save Target As". Also, the new sampler of the entire series has been up on the same page.

If you are an existing customer, and would like to place an order for this volume, it is only $20 + $6 shipping, and you can follow this link: DCT-GG07 Existing
        (You have to provide your serial number)

If you just placed an order with us, but want to add this volume before we ship, it is only $20, and you can follow this link: DCT-GG07 Upgrade

Peace and goodwill to all Thank you to Jarred for having this incredible forum. Thank you all for reading.

Comment

I viewed the sampler videos of the new Gear Guide, and I have to repeat myself once again on these forums, "THANK YOU!" You and your crew have put together something that is going to spawn some incredible work from some future "filmmaker" that will blow us away. Your days with EVS and the contacts that you made seem to have played a major roll in getting these folks to work with you on such an ambitious project. I can't wait for my nephew and I dig into the new stuff!

What's the turnaround on the new set, Rush? If I order the "new" Gear Guide set, will I now have all that the DCC is (currently) offering?

It seems that is the case.
          Last edited by unfiltered; 11-14-2006, 09:11 PM.
          corey

Comment

Dcc

I hope the sets will be shipped soon. Starting next week I have some time off between school quarters and I can't wait to dig into this.

Comment

Rush, the examples for the lighting set aren't working. I was just checking out the set and it looks awesome! Nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex DePew
                Rush, the examples for the lighting set aren't working. I was just checking out the set and it looks awesome! Nice job.
                On the Gear Guide examples, the Kinoflo one is not working for me, but the rest work okay.

And I agree that the site DOES look fantastic! Very streamlined and professional. (But I guess that is the idea.)
                Last edited by unfiltered; 11-14-2006, 09:40 PM.
                corey

Comment

I viewed the sampler videos of the new Gear Guide, and I have to repeat myself once again on these forums, "THANK YOU!" You and your crew have put together something that is going to spawn some incredible work from some future "filmmaker" that will blow us away .
                  You're welcome sir. I just can't wait to get that call from one or more of you guys, "Rush, here are your tickets to my Award dinner!"

What's the turnaround on the new set, Rush? If I order the "new" Gear Guide set, will I now have all that the DCC is (currently) offering? It seems that is the case.
                  Yes you will have it all, for now. Muhahaa 3 more volumes in the works.

We will be trickle-shipping this week due to DVexpo, but we will try and get as many as possible out. Next week it's business as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by retaf99
                    I hope the sets will be shipped soon. Starting next week I have some time off between school quarters and I can't wait to dig into this.
                    Your full order will ship this week retaf, since you've been waiting for a week for this volume to be released.

Comment

Hi Alex, KinoFlo is working now. Thanks to you and Corey for spotting that bad link. I love this site.

Comment

And I agree that the site DOES look fantastic! Very streamlined and professional. (But I guess that is the idea.)
                        Thanks Corey, it's a new dawn for us

Comment

Hi Alex, KinoFlo is working now. Thanks to you and Corey for spotting that bad link. I love this site.
                          Free spell check and quality control!
                          corey

Comment

No prob. But I meant the links to the examples under DCT-LS the pics that start with Chrome and end with Tabletop. Those are down.

But the site does look nice. I am actually up now working on putting up my website. Not as easy as I was led to believe. But I am trying to give it a nice look, so I may be making my life more complicated than it needs to be. Anyways, enough rambling.

Hey, I had a thought, how about having part of this set or all of it be a prize for dramafest?

Comment

No prob. But I meant the links to the examples under DCT-LS the pics that start with Chrome and end with Tabletop. Those are down.
                              Thanks Alex, yes those will be up in the coming weekend. I primarily concentrated all our efforts on getting the DCT-GG07 videos up. However, the DCT-MP main sampler is up and running. http://www.digitalcinemacourse.com/dctmp.html

Comment

Hi Rush,

your new website looks excellent. The new professional design is much more equivalent to your Digital Cinema Filmmaker's Training Course than the old one.

I just placed my order for the GG07 - no need to watch any samples before. Is there any possibility of a "blind" subscription of your upcoming DVD's ?

-tom

</IMG>

Comment

Working...
                                X