This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SilverWolf
    I've been watching my DVD and I love it. I've learned so much about lighting already and it great to see the difference that different levels of fill
    Awesome! Thanks for the feedback Silverwolf. Wait till you get the Special Situations DVD. It really beefs up the Basic Production DVD tenfold. And y'all get it free, just for liking Jarred's site. Work is progressing on that as we speak, along with the manual.

Opcode, nice seeing you at Cinegear today!

The Digital Cinema Course. 30+ hours of filmmaking instruction on 20 DVD Discs.
    DVXusers get a FREE Audio DVD. Our new Gear Guide teaches Arri, Bogen, Century,
    Cinetech, KinoFlo, MSE, EwaMarine, PAG, Cartoni, Chrosziel, Bebob,
    Nnoga, and Rosco, as well as Safe Renting Tips. To order click HERE .

MYSPACE - YOUTUBE - IMDb -

Comment

rush, I'm trying to gather enough money to buy your set. Assuming I manage, how soon will you mail out the next batch?

BTW, as for your garuantee, I've very interested in your lighting content, if after all 6 hours, if I honestly believe I didn't get anything out of it, will you refund me? I ask because im a stuggling student and can't waste cash on dvds covering material I already know (which has happened recently).
      "If it ain't helpin' your story, get rid of it" -Michael Bay lol I think he meant blow it up and shoot it from 8 different angles in slow motion.

Comment

Hi CS, yes I will. First, because I believe in the power of the Course with all my heart. Second, I'll take a risk on you, because you are taking a risk on me.
        “The man who goes farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare.
        The sure-thing boat never gets far from the shore.”
        -Dale Carnegie

Comment

Originally posted by Rush
          Hi Mochouinard, yours was sent the same day as everyone else's (Monday), but it was the only one they wouldn't allow us to put Delivery Confirmation on, because it was leaving the country to goto Canada... Sorry, I can't track it. They said about a week, but it has been longer.
          Let me just chime in here -- Canada is by far the slowest country to deliver orders, in my experience. I send all international orders via USPS Global Priority Mail. If I were to send one to Canada, and one to Germany, both on the same day, the German one will get there in typically about 4 days, the Canada order usually takes upwards of 12 days(!) Sometimes 14.

I can't explain it, but I can verify that it's true. So, everyone from Canada, please be patient; for some reason it just takes a long time for orders to wend their way through the USPS->Canada Customs->Canadian Postal System->Your House.
          The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

Let me just chime in here -- Canada is by far the slowest country to deliver orders, in my experience.
            Me too! I purchased my AVID XPress Pro from a vendor in Canada. I saved three hundred bucks but it took SIX WEEKS to deliver it to me. And like Mochouinard, I was not able to track it, even though I had a tracking number.

Comment

for what it's worth, i work for a company that does business globally and we never use ups when shipping out of the country. with ups and fedex, just because you drop something off at one of their facilities does not mean that they handle the product to the final destination. Many times they sub out to a third party in the destination country that doea not have tracking ability. not sure about usps though. I went through a nightmare a few years ago when a third party fed ex uses in Ireland delivered by ox cart for a shipment i had going to a manufacturer that was line down. We have had very good service with dhl internationally to europe and asia and i have used fed ex to canada with quick results . You should be able to track internationally if no third party. as always, make sure your paperwork is meticulous with the proper schedule and so forth.

Rush, i will be getting your course once i have sequestered myself with barry's book for a week or so (lets hope he is not using a printer in canada), that is if my family doesn't step in at some point. This camera has become a bit of an obsession and I heard talk of an intervention in the other room.
              Last edited by bosindy; 06-24-2006, 08:23 AM.
              Central Square Films

Comment

Wow, you'd think it would be faster, being that Canada is so close. Thanks for you input Barry, Mike, and Bosindy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush
                  Hi CS, yes I will. First, because I believe in the power of the Course with all my heart. Second, I'll take a risk on you, because you are taking a risk on me.
                  In which case you can count on my order
                  "If it ain't helpin' your story, get rid of it" -Michael Bay lol I think he meant blow it up and shoot it from 8 different angles in slow motion.

Comment

I just ordered, I have some serious study ahead of me between this and Barry's book. How do you know the person is a dvxuser for the bonus dvds lighting set?
                    Central Square Films

Comment

Hi CS and Bosindy, thank you for ordering.

In response to Bosindy, there is a "Special Instructions" box when you order. Just enter "DVXuser" or your DVXuser name. Your order is filed under a different email and account list then, and we draw on that when we send out the bonus DVD. We will make a big announcement when we send those out in about 2 weeks, and send out a mass email to all DVXusers who will receive them. So that way, you are guaranteed to get one. In about a week, we will have a separate page on our site, just for DVXusers, something like digitalcinemacourse.com/dvxuser and it will say "Welcome DVXusers" on it when you go there. That way, you will know for a fact that you are in the right place.

Comment

Just wondering, did the bonus content go out yet?

Comment

Hi for_m, no it is going out with the Bonus DVD's in about 2 weeks. We are making it exceptional.

Comment

Thanks Rush! No hurry, it's just because of my change of address that I was curious. Didn't want to miss out knowing how great it's going to be!!

Comment

Received mine a couple of days ago. I just finished the first disc this afternoon (when I was supposed to be working).

Being new to the filmmaking world I knew that I knew very little about the process. But now I realize I know even less than I thought I did. Is that confusing?

Anyway, so far I have really enjoyed the course and I know that I will learn a great deal by watching.

Rush, is that you doing the voice-over? Very easy on the ears. You never know - sometimes you get the George Costanza marketing audio book thing.
                              sigpic

Comment

Sorry to break up the quote, but I just wanted to thank you for each one...

Originally posted by TimothyJinx
                                Received mine a couple of days ago. I just finished the first disc this afternoon (when I was supposed to be working).
                                You have no idea how great that sounds to my earsDespite the problem that causes for your employer or workflow

Being new to the filmmaking world I knew that I knew very little about the process. But now I realize I know even less than I thought I did. Is that confusing?
                                When you get to the Movie Production DVD's, they go slow and easy for 12 hours, so you can re-absorb everything in a real-world setting.

Anyway, so far I have really enjoyed the course and I know that I will learn a great deal by watching.
                                Thank you very much sir. It is an honor to serve.

Rush, is that you doing the voice-over? Very easy on the ears. You never know - sometimes you get the George Costanza marketing audio book thing.
                                Thank you so much!

Comment

Working...
                                X