Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The DVD's are being fine tuned but they are all assembled, and runtime average per is 60+ minutes. That's about the most I could squeeze in and keep the mbps quality up on the DVD. I think most people would probably go through each DVD twice to get the full effect of the content, and apply the info then move on to the next DVD. You can choose to take the tests in between, and follow along with the manual. Also the seventh now Bonus DVD will run up the total to minimum 7 hours.

The Digital Cinema Course. 30+ hours of filmmaking instruction on 20 DVD Discs.
    DVXusers get a FREE Audio DVD. Our new Gear Guide teaches Arri, Bogen, Century,
    Cinetech, KinoFlo, MSE, EwaMarine, PAG, Cartoni, Chrosziel, Bebob,
    Nnoga, and Rosco, as well as Safe Renting Tips. To order click HERE .

MYSPACE - YOUTUBE - IMDb -

Comment

I've got mine on order!!!

Comment

I posted about review request on the cafe ala dvx but I guess if it rush who made it, it will be good, let preorder !!!

Comment

Yep, this bonus is great ;) Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mochouinard
            I posted about review request on the cafe ala dvx but I guess if it rush who made it, it will be good, let preorder !!!
            Thank you sir, and thanks mochouinard!

Comment

With the pre-order date being extended to the 21st, are you still set to ship no later than the 30th as before?
              Last edited by unfiltered; 05-07-2006, 12:04 AM.
              corey

Comment

Yeah, the DVD's will be done and ready before that, it's just the printing of the Manual that will take the longest. Those are slated to arrive here a couple days before the mail date. No matter what the DVD's go out the 30th, even if the manual gets shipped late with the gift.

Comment

I can`t wait... Btw I didnt put the DVXuser in the note... well maybe I did ... Anyway for the record, DVXUSER ;)
                  100 preorder, 299$ each, 30k$... not bad for a preorder

Comment

Rush, I just saw the retraction on the DVXuser gift. Any word on a replacement??

Comment

Hi mlove, yes I am thinking it's going to be a double DVD set on Advanced Lighting, DVD 1 using practical sources, for example, candlelight, fire-side, christmas lights, DVD 2 covering Product Lighting for commercial purposes (chrome objects, pens, product bottles). What do you think? It would get mailed out about 2 weeks after the original 6-DVD set.

Comment

Hi Mochouinard, yes I have your order, not to worry. I wish it was $30K, after paypal fees, sales taxes, priority shipping, manufacturing costs, material costs, and other people fees, I keep a very small portion of each sale. The set is supposed to sell for $449 to make a bit of money, but I want a gradual build to that, because I know that's a bit steep for some people who I want to own the set.

Comment

Rush,

That 2 DVD set on lighting would be even more valuable! To me anyhow. Lighting is my number one challenge right now so it would definitely sweeten the deal!! I hope that works out, and that others that pre-ordered would get as much out of it as I would.

By the way, a couple days ago my WIFE was even asking when your course was going to show up. She saw the demo at Bootcamp in Vegas and she's really interested.

Comment

Helllo everyone. We have finished the secondary pass of QC on the video portion of the product. On the second pass, we noticed that the project grew from the original promised 6+ hours of material to a gigantic 12+ hours and we are now burning Dual-Layer DVD's instead of single-layer DVD's to maintain quality. The filter-usage and sun-direction section is now 90 minutes, and there are at least 6 hours of interior lighting, using Arri HMI, tungsten fresnels, and KinoFlo fluorescent lights, mixed with practical lamps like bedside lamps and desk lamps.

Also, we have announced the free DVXuser gift, a special $99 value Lighting DVD concentrating on difficult lighting situations such as using candlelight, fire-side, and Christmas lights as practical sources and matching lighting with them. The second DVD in that volume also teaches difficult commercial lighting, like in situations involving chrome products, pens, and product bottles. The free DVXuser gift will ship approximately 2 weeks after the original 6-DVD series ships.

Comment

have I missed the introductory pre order price already ?

Comment

Any clips available for preview so we can see what we are getting?

Thanks

Matt G
                                Matt Gottshalk
                                Director of Production
                                BPI.tv

Comment

Working...
                                X