No announcement yet.

Want some more frame rates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for bumping this one. I was unaware. Has anyone caused damage to their camera using this unsupported feature?

Better yet, whose been using these new framerates with no problems to date?

Comment

Never had a single problem with it except one time, the first time i did it. i got a Micon Error. but thats easily remedies by just turnign the cmaera on and off. once that happens its fine. I cant live wihtout 2FPS.....
      Cinematographer
      Sigma Pro

www.timurcivan.com 917-589-4424

Comment

does 2FPS effect video quality?? Like, could you shoot a short and to a normal audience it would look normal?

Comment

2 frames per second is drastically different. No one is suggesting you shoot a short film and save space on your P2 card. But you could shoot A LOT of time elapse photography, for example.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DlH5UeBJA24

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nC78t6N67uU

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pe0HVXmvz8c
          Last edited by Knoxworth; 05-28-2007, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry_Green
            And the thing is, if you're shooting in the Native mode, a slower frame rate could give you even more runtime on a P2 card.

For example, if I just put one single solitary 4GB card in the camera, it'd be pretty cool if that single, solitary, lonely 4GB card could give me a runtime of, say, two hours.

Probably would look something like this:

Of course, that would require a REALLY slow frame rate to do that.

Something like two frames per second.

I thought it might be fun to look back on an older posting. Just think, 1 year and 1 month later, we can have 4 times the amount: 123 x 4 = 492 minutes or 8.2 hours with a 16GB card!!!!

Now when 32GB cards come out, we can have 16.4 hours and the HVX-200 could be used as a security video camera.....

Bob Diaz

Comment

I can't wait to try doing this as soon as I get some P2 cards. I bought my HVX over a month ago and I'm still waiting for my name to come up on the reserve list for the 16GB's. It's like having a Porsche and no gas...
              www.rodhassler.com

Comment

HPX500 Works too

I've done a couple of tests with the new HPX500 at work. You cannot transfer scene files from the HVX200. Which is a bummer, because I wanted to quickly get them setup so that we could intercut the too with similar looks. What you can do though, is use the same Frame rate hack that you would on an HVX200 scene file on the HPX500 scene file. 2fps plus better neutral density should make for better day time timelapses.

On a side note, Our new HPX500 is quickly replacing our Varicam as my favorite camera. It isn't just lighter, but feels much more balanced and comfortable.

~Ian
                www.ianbusch.com

Comment

Just to reinforce whats already been said here: the frame rate hack works quite well and seems to have no negative effect on the camera. I've been using it extensively for the past week and I have encountered no problems. I can't believe Panasonic didn't just bite the bullet, spend the extra time in development, and market the camera as 2-60fps.

Cheers,
                  Sean

Comment

Can i use this hacking in 1080p or just in 720 modes?
                    thnx

Comment

Originally posted by Berk View Post
                      Can i use this hacking in 1080p or just in 720 modes?
                      thnx

Variable Frame rates are only available in 720, so the hack only works in 720 mode.

Comment

When the Hydra is released, if you get your HVX modified for the Hydra then it'll also work for 1080p and 2K modes.
                        The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

Thnx alot guys

Comment

Man, the first couple of pages of this thread are hillarious. Aah, good times, good times..

- Mikko
                            Mikko Wilson
                            Steadicam Owner / Operator - Juneau, Alaska, USA
                            +1 (907) 321-8387 - mikkowilson@hotmail.com - www.mikkowilson.com

Comment

So does a NTSC HVX shooting 50fps output this to component??

question...

If I were shooting in a multi-cam setting with three HVX cameras, set with the 50fps hack, mixed into a HD switcher via component outs (such as the Panasonic HS300 switcher), recorded to a AJA IOHD at 720/50p into a macbook pro, recording sound separately in the IO.... would this work....theoretically?

I guess the main question is when set to 720/50p via the FRhack, does the component output 720/50p?

If so this would meet a need for multi-cam live events for PAL distribution!

Also I assume the NTSC when set to 720/50p over 24Pn does not record sound?

Comment

that would be correct. no sound in variable framerates. you could get around that pretty quickly with a secondary sound recorder & a clapper

Comment

Working...
                                X