Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kinda sorta music vid shot on an HVX200-M2e rig.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda sorta music vid shot on an HVX200-M2e rig.

The kinda sorta music video had been moved to my new YT channel. Shot on my HVX200-M2e adapter/ Sound straight into the camera using an Audio Techinca shotgun mic.

https://youtu.be/cQ00A9Zxub4
    Last edited by MDKfilms; 11-01-2017, 03:17 PM.
    MDKfilms - Sound & Film production

was that really lit with just a basement shop light on the ceiling? wow...looked great !
    Carbonized Member

Comment

Hey Al,
      Yeah, just a couple of 40w fluorescents above my head and two more tubes about 5ft to my right on the ceiling. I've been playing around with my old/new HVX-M2e for the last few weeks trying to squeeze the best, cleanest image I can. I've been rewatching my Barry Green DVD, HVX boot camp, and tweaking and tweaking and tweaking. I have found that because I want the cleanest image I don't use the Cinelike D or V. I've gone to Black Press, and I've tweaked a lot of the other settings that when I had my first HVX originally back in 07 I never really touched, I pretty much used Cinelike D, like most others I'm assuming. When I was doing my exposure tests and focus tests for the M2e, I did find that Cinelike D does give you about a stop/half stop of range. But the noise was horrible. So I started tinkering. Now I know a lot of people will read this and think why bother? Just go buy a BMPCC or one of the other many new cams. My answer............money! I don't have the money to spend on a new cam and since I don't really work in the industry I can't justify the expense. So here I am. Playing with old tech. It is a challenge to work with this stuff but it's a fun time and right now I don't need 4K. Hell, I almost bought another DVX100B! Shoot to tape!

Comment

Hey guys,
        just wanted to tell you about a new Face Book group I started. It is dedicated to the old tech of 35mm Lens Adapters, which is the name of the group. I noticed in various posts you people talking about the old adapter forum is closed and how it would be nice to have it opened back up. So if you want to check it out look for any post of mine here and the link is in my signature. I'm going to post some stuff there, pics and vids.

Cheers guys,

Doug K
        MDK Films.

Comment

Working...
        X