Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the same problem. When I took the adapter out it would be fine. I finally got it working by taking out the card, shutting off the machine. Putting the P2 card and the Addonics adapter in together, powering up the machine and then installing the drivers as suggested above. I hvae not done extensive testing yet but all seems to work - have the glitch menitoned above with inserting a new P2 card - just have to do the Add Hardware step and all seems to work.

Comment

Awesome, that was great advice, that fixed the freezing problem. However, now I have a problem where P2CMS says that it can't access the database, then when I try to read the card, it says that there might be a problem with virtual memory, then crashes. Any ideas about that? Thanks!

Comment

Glad that worked.. Hmm..have not heard of your latest problem - I don't use P2cms - I just use the viewer for everything so not sure...You could try the Panasonic web site for support or maybe someone else here can shed some light...Good luck...

Comment

Glad to hear others are having success with this. I also don't use P2cms. I just use viewer. Report back if you find a solution. Thanks guys.

Comment

I thought I'd point out that the 750gb version of the Scorpio Blue laptop HD is out:
            LINK

The 1TB version should be around sometime soon(I hope)...that'd be THE offloading machine, lol.

A netbook/Addonics/1TB dumping station? it doesn't get much better then that.
            Visit me at my website www.NickBrianWalters.com
            I learn a new piece of useless information every day.

Comment

can't figure it out

I bought this exact computer model and addonics adapter but I can't seem to get the drivers to work. I followed the directions, plugged in the adapter (the computer recognized it and said it was ready to be used), installed the newest drivers, inserted the P2 card AND addonics adapter at the same time, and it recognized the USB mass storage device but not the P2 card. Following along with the videos from the addonics tutorial, if I try to manually install the drivers, Panasonic P2 card is not an option for the hardware. I've also tried booting up the computer with the adapter and P2 card already inserted. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. Any thoughts on where I am going wrong?

Comment

It sounds like you did not install the drivers manually correctly. Call Addonics tech support they will help out.

Comment

I have been in contact with addonics support through email and their conclusion seemed to be that the adapter might just not work with my computer, but this thread proves that it can.

The problem with installing the drivers manually is I can't really get the chance to. The computer recognizes the usb mass storage device, but then does NOT say "Panasonic P2 card found" like in the addonics tutorial video. Then when I go to manually install, Panasonic P2 card is not an option for the hardware to install the drivers to. It is like the drivers don't install at all, yet I've uninstalled them and reinstalled them many times, exactly like in the video or the manual says to do. That's why I'm stumped. I guess I will call addonics and give that a try tomorrow.

Comment

Try to retrace your steps exactly. I've done this, and I didn't get all the same prompts, but if you follow the instructions, it will work (if it's the right Lenovo, anyway). Good luck!

Comment

Does anybody know what the story is with the extra plastic piece that comes shipped with this addonics card? It looks like it should attach to the card somehow to make the form factor bigger for the 54mm card slot but I can not figure out how to secure it to the card.
                      www.HDunderH2O.com
                      High Definition Underwater Production & Stock Footage

Comment

Does anybody know what the story is with the extra plastic piece that comes shipped with this addonics card? It looks like it should attach to the card somehow to make the form factor bigger for the 54mm card slot but I can not figure out how to secure it to the card.
                        I dont think it attaches to the card. I think it is to be left in the 54mm slot.

Comment

Also, if someone wants to save a few bucks building this configuration, consider using the Rosewill adapter instead of the Addonics. Seems like it's probably the same thing, but a little less expensive (I got it at $25 with free shipping from Newegg, but it looks like they've raised the price up to $40).
                          The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

I upgraded the battery on my S10e and it will run the netbook for about 6 hours. only 60 bucks from BUY.com

Comment

This specific Lenovo S10e model seems to have been supplanted by models not sporting an Express Card slot. Any updates on similar, perhaps better solutions? Or should we be snapping these up before they are all gone because they have been proven performers for the specific task of P2 offloading. At the price, I'm not opposed to using proven older technology to get the job done rather than beta testing a potentially faster but unproven different model; i.e. taking a risk on something loaded with Windows 7 as opposed to reliable proven XP that works with existing drivers...
                              Lowest Gear Productions
                              http://www.lowestgear.com

Comment

bestbuy has them on sale for $200
                                SKU: 9648687

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....egories&ks=960

Comment

Working...
                                X