Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has there been any word from Panasonic as to if this issue could pop up in the HVX200a, or has it been fixed from the factory with the new model?
    Tony Lovasco
    Twisted Lincoln, Inc.
    www.twistedlincoln.com

Comment

Originally posted by TwistedLincoln View Post
      Has there been any word from Panasonic as to if this issue could pop up in the HVX200a, or has it been fixed from the factory with the new model?
      I'll ask, but I can't see how it wouldn't be fixed in all new models... that would be kind of odd, to have a fix for a rare but known issue, but not implement it across the new model line...
      The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

I have the 200A but I am not going to worry about nor should anyone who uses their HVX for critical applications. The HVX and the cameras in it's class are not designed to record quality sound so if you are on a shoot that is not MOS and where the content is important to the client, there should be a sound mixer. Sound is their job, not the camera department's job!

Originally posted by TwistedLincoln View Post

Comment

Originally posted by SFX View Post
          I have the 200A but I am not going to worry about nor should anyone who uses their HVX for critical applications. The HVX and the cameras in it's class are not designed to record quality sound so if you are on a shoot that is not MOS and where the content is important to the client, there should be a sound mixer. Sound is their job, not the camera department's job!
          There not talking about whose job it is...they are talking about an issue with the camera.

Regardless whose job it is...the camera should be able to record quality sound.

Think about it.....

Comment

Hey guys,
            I have an odd question. All opinions on gray/aftermarket cameras notwithstanding, I am curious if anyone with a grey market camera has had any experience of getting this issue repaired by Panasonic before. If there is anyone how much did it cost?

I, obviously, have a grey market camera and took it in today. I am curious if anyone can explain if they even had to pay for it or if panasonic repaired it for free even though it was grey market. It seems like the problem is just inherent in all hvx-200's so I feel like it should be one of those "our bad we'll fix it for you" things but at Panasonic I was told I would have to pay.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, can this beeping noise be described as sounding a little like crickets? I've just imported an MXF into Premiere Pro which has audio recorded from the internal mic(s), except it's on Channels 3 and 4 only (they play back fine in P2 Viewer) - but for some reason I can't yet make them active, or appear for that matter, in Premiere Pro or Vegas 8.

Using Raylight btw, tried with both proxy AVI and direct MXF import.

However, while Vegas plays naught but silence, Premiere Pro does find an audio track, but it's silent... except for this constant low level "cricket" sound. It's a 16gb card and was recorded in the top slot; is this the beeping described, or is this just crap internal interference from the camera's internal microphone making its way into the audio signal?

Comment

So I thought we had this problem fixed years ago... say around the time this thread was started. Well years later my company is still shooting with the old HVX200's and guess what? I hear that persistant beep once again the other day.

When the original problem came up, yes, we sent them in to our authorized panasonic dealer and had the firmware fix or whatever it was that was meant to fix the beep - and as far as I can recall the problem was fixed.

Flash forward a few years - I've returned from a sabatacal to the same company, and on a recent shoot I hear that oh so familiar beep. Only when I roll camera.. a couple times a second... over and over.

Now, the warranty that would have covered this repair back in 2008 has long expired, so when I heard the beep a few months back I once again sent our camera in for diagnosis and they replaced a circuit board and told me all is well.

Guess what... in a quiet room, headphones on, audio turned way up... I still hear that beep. For the love of God after all these years it's still there.

Changed cards, 16gb to 64gb and back again. Formatted cards. Tried slot #2. Different mics, everything. And my pano service centre tells me things are tip top. I even checked the audio when I picked up the camera and heard no beep. Oh no, it was cleverly masked under the ambient noise of the service centre's air con.

I've just come to accept that the beep is just there, and will be forever.

Anyone else out there just accepting and living with the beep? It would make me happy to know I'm not alone...

Comment

Working...
                X