X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop Motion?

First, I must apologize.
    Total newbie to the HVX.

I thought it would be fun to do a stop motion project, but I am having trouble figuring out how to record just one frame at a time. I figured it would be something simple .. like hit record and pause, then hit the ffwd button each time I wanted to capture the shot, but it doesn't appear to be that simple?

Anyone know how to do this?

Hit the menu button and go to scene file- make sure camera is in "Video cam" mode. Go to #5, Recording setup, and put the cam in a non native mode, such as 720P /30P. Then go down to Record Function and change from normal to interval. Set the interval time, just below , to say a frame every five seconds
    (a good setting for stop motion projects where you need time to reposition the object). Hit record and the camera will do time lapse recording until you turn it off .

If you want the "car with streaking headlights at night " effect, you must do the frame rate hack, as the shutter will not open enough in interval mode. Search this site for "Want more frame rates?".
    A feature film shot on the Sony FS7

www.Summerof67.com

Comment

Ah!! that is so cool, thank you MainstreetProd!

Comment

There are a couple of good stop motion programs iStop Motion that will let you use your HVX in Hi Def to grab frames...it's expensive though.

One more simple but time consuming on the back end way is to let the cam roll.... repositopn what needs ro be moved and them make still frames out of the footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHLGA67fBNk

Watch this music video... around 1:37 you see ths technique.... I used it because my dslr's resolution was so high I was worried that cutting live footage from my dvx and fairly hi rez stuff from a Nikon DSLR would look bad.

Anyway.. just something for you to try.

Comment

Serious Magic DV Rack 2.0 / Adobe OnLocation also has support for stop-motion recording, including onion skinning so you can compare the scene to previous frames.

Comment

Video cam mode/one shot record.
            i usually set it for 2 frames and use the remote to trigger it.
            www.mattgarrettdp.com

Comment

Working...
            X