error copying sd card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error copying sd card

Error 0x8007045D. The request could not performed because of an I/O device error. Was copying my 4K files from sd card with card reader to my pc and got this error.

I could copy a part of this sd card but the other files I can't copy.

I also had this: error 0x8007022 the wrong diskette is in the drive

this is the first time I have this and I don't know what to do. I receive several errors.

I also tried to open 1 file from sd card in vegas pro without problem ad tried to export to a new file on my pc but i lost the connection after a while rendering with the sd card.
    panasonic DVX200, GH5s and HC-X920
    sony A7 and FS100
    gopro hero 7 black

ryzen 3700x pc with 32gig ram
    moviestudio 17

Try all of the normal troubleshooting everyone would recommend and do, which consists of using different card readers, computers and software - and report back.

Also copy the entire card to the desktop as soon as possible (no importing into any NLE but selecting all and dragging and dropping).

Comment

Seems like a number of people recently have had lost files do sd card errors. Going forward you should look to recording video to more than one source whether that's 2 cameras, 2 sd cards, or an Atomos. For paid work its a must.

Comment

Originally posted by NorBro View Post
        Try all of the normal troubleshooting everyone would recommend and do, which consists of using different card readers, computers and software - and report back.

Also copy the entire card to the desktop as soon as possible (no importing into any NLE but selecting all and dragging and dropping).
        it worked!! Inserted the sd card directly (without card reader) in my older pc (my son is using that one now) and no errors. thx for this great advice. I really thought my sd card was become bad.
        sony A7 and FS100
        gopro hero 7 black

moviestudio 17

Comment

Originally posted by Peter C. View Post
          Seems like a number of people recently have had lost files do sd card errors. Going forward you should look to recording video to more than one source whether that's 2 cameras, 2 sd cards, or an Atomos. For paid work its a must.
          thx Peter for your advice to. This was not a paid work. Normally I shoot with the dvx200 and the GH5s as a fixed camcorder for stage events,... But I noticed more and more that I have "glitches" in my footage (mostly a few bad frames). I now format the sd card before a shoot (I read that somewhere that could fix that issue). This time I was forgotten to do this. Don't know if that can cause the problem also.
          sony A7 and FS100
          gopro hero 7 black

moviestudio 17

Comment

Originally posted by BONLEV View Post

thx Peter for your advice to. This was not a paid work. Normally I shoot with the dvx200 and the GH5s as a fixed camcorder for stage events,... But I noticed more and more that I have "glitches" in my footage (mostly a few bad frames). I now format the sd card before a shoot (I read that somewhere that could fix that issue). This time I was forgotten to do this. Don't know if that can cause the problem also.
            Good to hear it wasn't a paid job. At the first sign of any issue with a SD card I no longer use it. Formatting in camera is a good idea. When a card is connected to a computer it writes files hidden files and if it wasn't ejected properly it can cause issues.

As far as recovery the camera sometimes will give you an option to recover, the next step is to use recovery software, often trial versions will show what files it sees then if it does appear you can purchase the software. Hard to say what your chances are but often if a recording is interrupted you're going to lose a portion.

Good luck
            Last edited by Peter C.; 06-27-2022, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X