Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVX200 - Film Look - Barry Green?

Hello DVX200 Colleagues,

I'm not sure if this has been addressed..I've done a quick search, however, haven't seen anything...so please excuse me if I'm repeating a post.

Is there a way to create the same Film Look with the DVX200 as I had with my HVX200? I'm going back to NY to shoot NY Fashion Week and the Producer loved my HVX200 look from before and not the DVX200 look that I recently filmed with. He didn't like the crisp look that the DVX200 gives.

Barry, do you have a specific scene file that can give me the HVX200 film look?

Not sure if it's possible sense the DVX200 does not have Film Cam Mode.

I appreciate any positive feedback.

Otherwise, I love the camera and I've been using Barry Green's Scene file 3 and Scene file 4 from Scene File Package 2 and I get nothing but praise.

Jimmy

I am sure you could match a DVX200 to make it look like an HVX200, but I don't have an HVX anymore and didn't develop such a scene file.
    The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

The look you described from your HVX200 - was the look what came directly out of the camera without any coloring? Why don't you post some sample photos or video clips. There are a couple of people here who are good with creating LUTs - I imagine it would not be that hard to come up with a similar look either in camera or in post.

Comment

Is the discrepancy a color or luminance issue? If not, the producer might not like the extra detail that the DVX200 resolves. A friend of mine said that the HVX200 resolves 720P and stretches it to 1080P (not sure it that's true or not).

If detail is the issue, you could show the producer some shots taken with a softening filter and see if that meets the desired look.

Comment

Or maybe try running some clips through FilmConvert? It can do some very nice film emulations very easily and may get "the look" you are after?

Comment

Thank you Barry,

Of your scene files you created for the DVX200, which one would you recommend to obtain the film look. I think the problem was that the producer thinks the DVX200 is to crisp. Thank you for your time.

Comment

Thank you DMC...Good idea, I'll try and do that soon. I wish Panasonic created the DVX200 with a Film Cam/Video Cam like the HVX200.

Comment

Thank you Imamacuser...Yes, I believe the detail level can be part of it. If I was to take the Master Detail down will that help to obtain a more file look? I don't want the footage to be soft focus though.

Comment

Thank you MichaelA...That's a possibility, however, they have an editor in NY. But I will suggest that.

Comment

Barry...BTW, I still have my HVX200...If you have any ideas on how I can take let's say scene file 5 and adapt it to the DVX200 please me know. The reason why I'm not using the HVX200 is because of workflow and the camera is 11 years old and I'm afraid it may die...and being I'm coming from LA to NY, it'll be difficult to bring 2 cameras. Also, they want to live stream so I need SDI out.

Comment

Just wondering...did you shoot in 4K on the DVX200? If so, maybe the producer isn't used to 4K footage.

Comment

Hi NorBro,

No I filmed in 1080 using Barry Green's Scene file 3 in Package 2.

Comment

Working...
                        X